• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it was that easy everyone would be doing it............

I do feel for anyone trying to get on property ladder in the present climate. I am lucky in one sense, my mortgage is old, so its low.

The Bread Knife and I often talk about how much we bank for our dustbin lids future, you know, just to give em' a deposit etc! We always end up talking about feckin' off to Oz or New Zealand so our dustbin lids have a better future.

I would pack it all in and feck off tomorrow to see my kids have a future worth living,....this country is about on its back legs!!

Regards, Sprags...............Latin for happy one!!

ive got my euro on mate can only hope mine comes up :laugh: this country is a fecking joke at the mo the working man is getting fecked by the goverment left right and center. we as a hole need to take a stand walk outs evry monday morn all out wont be long till thay listen to the working man then when the country is at a stand still out on monday it will take till thursday for things to get back to norm then back out the folowing week till thay do somethin about it tax/ fule/ wages ect ect but brits are sheep dont wont to rock the boat :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: rant over.

I didn't realize how lucky I am until I read this thread. I bought my first house twenty years ago for eight thousand pounds cash, sold it after a few years for double the money then bought another with cash left to do it up, another few years later sold that and bought another and did the same. Ten years ago I had enough to buy two houses and rent one out, then five years ago I sold them both to go live with my wife and pay her sixty thousand pound mortgage off, three years ago we sold that for four hundred and eighty thousand pounds. We now live in a five bedroomed house with a good bit of land a huge barn and no mortgage. I think lady luck has been with me over the years. I have never owned anything I could not afford to pay cash for, no credit cards or any thing else on credit.

I didn't realize how lucky I am until I read this thread. I bought my first house twenty years ago for eight thousand pounds cash, sold it after a few years for double the money then bought another with cash left to do it up, another few years later sold that and bought another and did the same. Ten years ago I had enough to buy two houses and rent one out, then five years ago I sold them both to go live with my wife and pay her sixty thousand pound mortgage off, three years ago we sold that for four hundred and eighty thousand pounds. We now live in a five bedroomed house with a good bit of land a huge barn and no mortgage. I think lady luck has been with me over the years. I have never owned anything I could not afford to pay cash for, no credit cards or any thing else on credit.

will you marry me :11:

i thought i was on to a winner about a year ago the property market was booming i got offered what i thought was a good deal i brought 4 luxuary brand new flats in good areas i got about £20.000 off the market price on each one i new some one who owned a building company and he brought job lots of places that he got paid to build as his own investments he was going through a bad divorce and wanted em gone so she couldnt have half lol

so at the time every thing was great i was on to a winner and thought that i was sorted for a long time to come :whistling: i didnt have good credit at the time so got quite high intrest rates on the mortgages but thought i could grin and bear it for the 2 year fixed rate having to pay some towards the mortgage as the rent didnt quite cover it :icon_eek: then by that time my credit would be great having 4 mortgages and then get a better rate and wont have to pay in to them anymore job done theres my nest egg :thumbs:

then about 11months down the line things start to slow down at work and then everywhare else and then the property crash im now in negative equity :shok: lol cant sell em cant cover the 4 mortgages and now people cant afford to rent them!! so im facing bankruptcy

going to be another statistic!! :cry::cry:

just trying to get every fing out of my name so he cant have it all lol

then im gona save like mad and me and a pall are going to chip in on some land down in devon/cornwall way put a few static caravans down there and live in them till we can afford to build some self builds or some log cabbins!! :gunsmilie:

i thought i was on to a winner about a year ago the property market was booming i got offered what i thought was a good deal i brought 4 luxuary brand new flats in good areas i got about £20.000 off the market price on each one i new some one who owned a building company and he brought job lots of places that he got paid to build as his own investments he was going through a bad divorce and wanted em gone so she couldnt have half lol

so at the time every thing was great i was on to a winner and thought that i was sorted for a long time to come :whistling: i didnt have good credit at the time so got quite high intrest rates on the mortgages but thought i could grin and bear it for the 2 year fixed rate having to pay some towards the mortgage as the rent didnt quite cover it :icon_eek: then by that time my credit would be great having 4 mortgages and then get a better rate and wont have to pay in to them anymore job done theres my nest egg :thumbs:

then about 11months down the line things start to slow down at work and then everywhare else and then the property crash im now in negative equity :shok: lol cant sell em cant cover the 4 mortgages and now people cant afford to rent them!! so im facing bankruptcy

then im gona save like mad and me and a pall are going to chip in on some land down in devon/cornwall way put a few static caravans down there and live in them till we can afford to build some self builds or some log cabbins!! :gunsmilie:

Well you smooth talking b***%*d I suppose I will have to marry you :good:

Hate to be in the housing market now .Saw a snippet on tv of a girl girl who,s mortgage was £2,300 per month and she was on what she described as low wages who the f**k gave her the mortgage in the first place ? Yep it was Northern Rock tossers

Guest oldskool
Ok, so im earning £370 a week....

Yes its a nice sum of money, but im still un-able to afford a mortgage.

I had an appointment last week and i was told if i borrow £80,000 on a mortgage, over 30 years my monthly repayments are £530.and it works out im paying back £190,000+ :icon_eek:

needless to say i told them to stick it.

How the feck does everyone else afford it?

some banks hope you cant afford it so they can repossess.... i'm buildin now at the mo and my morgage works out fairly affordable and i'm comin home with less than you rabbithunter... i'm lookin at a morgage for £100,000 and its workin out at about £600 a month plus a few life and critical illness insurances... if your doin with out those then you should find it handy enough to cope.. alliance and lecester is who i'm with... hope that helps mate

post-2356-1218270056_thumb.jpg

Guest markbrick1
I looked into it a few years ago,you still need planning permission etc where it would have to fit in with its surroundings,but if you can find the right plot your laughing,ive been in one and there as snug as any house,i'd still love to own one but prob always be just a dream
i was led to believe it was not classed as a permanent dwelling so no planning permission was required as for fitting in with saroundings put it next to a wood :thumbs: thats that sorted.

:no::no::no::no: dont fall for that they need planning,planning might get excepted under normall rules are in the curtilage of your garden,mark

Guest markbrick1

people think cornwall is cheap its the most expensive place outside london,cant buy a 1 bedroomed flat here for £100,000 land as gone through the roof i got offered £50000 for a 1 and a half acres with no chance of planning if i got planning that would be worth£300ooo plus,mark

My mate had a mortgage for £150,000 and has just found out he got cancer he's only about 29yrs old, His insurance has just paid his mortgage off. To be honest i'd rather be struggling to pay my mortgage and be healthy and be here to see my children grow up! As long as you've got your family and your health don't worry about antything else!

Edited by kristian
My mate had a mortgage for £150,000 and has just found out he got cancer he's only about 29yrs old and to be honest i'd rather be struggling to pay my mortgage and be healthy and be here to see my children grow up! As long as you've got your family and your health don't worry about antything else!

couldnt agree more :thumbs:

My mate had a mortgage for £150,000 and has just found out he got cancer he's only about 29yrs old, His insurance has just paid his mortgage off. To be honest i'd rather be struggling to pay my mortgage and be healthy and be here to see my children grow up! As long as you've got your family and your health don't worry about antything else!

Good man,thats the attitude,as long as you have those as a foundation all the other brickwork slots into place,as I always say,the rest is icing on the cake :victory:

Ok, so im earning £370 a week....

Yes its a nice sum of money, but im still un-able to afford a mortgage.

I had an appointment last week and i was told if i borrow £80,000 on a mortgage, over 30 years my monthly repayments are £530.and it works out im paying back £190,000+ :icon_eek:

needless to say i told them to stick it.

How the feck does everyone else afford it?

Get a second or even third job If you want it bad enough you will find a way I paid my house off 3 years ago I still work 6 days a week 11/12 hours aday

Would you lend £80,000 for 30 years and not want a decent return ? nows the time to buy its a buyers market prices will pick up in a year or twos time

Im in the process of getting a buy to let mortgage plan is to rent it out for 3years then sell when the market picks up then retire on the proceeds

I agree it,s def a buyers market,have one son who is stuck with a huge mortgage,after a split with oh, and no-one intersted in buying the house and other son age 21 just took out a buy to let mortgage on his first house,1st time buyer so has high interest for the 1st 2 years,he has worked all hours since 13 yrs old and was able to put a good deposit down, i really think if u can afford to now is the time to buy, :feck: