LEGALITIES OF CARRYING A BATON

Guest SJM

In the whole lurchers aren't a suitable dog for the job.

Well I dunno ... I mean they're not usually that tough but they can be a bit scary. Out in the dark one night and some young lads were lurking and decided they'd scare the crap out of me - they chucked something off a bridge at me :censored: Griff emerged from nowhere, blocked my way so I had to stop moving and let out a most shocking growl followed by some ferocious barking :icon_eek: Up till then I'd not thought he had it in him.

His young sister has a wicked bark but underneath it she's a big chicken. But I'm convinced Griff would have put himself on the line for me.

I like the lemon juice idea, cheap and cheerful.

I'm glad you put this post up SJM, it's given me a lot to think about. I won't be put off or scared away (I'm no wimp), but I think I'll be a lot more aware now.

Just take a lifesize model of Snoop with you, it would easily fit in your pocket :tongue2::laugh:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the whole lurchers aren't a suitable dog for the job.

Well I dunno ... I mean they're not usually that tough but they can be a bit scary. Out in the dark one night and some young lads were lurking and decided they'd scare the crap out of me - they chucked something off a bridge at me :censored: Griff emerged from nowhere, blocked my way so I had to stop moving and let out a most shocking growl followed by some ferocious barking :icon_eek: Up till then I'd not thought he had it in him.

His young sister has a wicked bark but underneath it she's a big chicken. But I'm convinced Griff would have put himself on the line for me.

I like the lemon juice idea, cheap and cheerful.

I'm glad you put this post up SJM, it's given me a lot to think about. I won't be put off or scared away (I'm no wimp), but I think I'll be a lot more aware now.

Just take a lifesize model of Snoop with you, it would easily fit in your pocket :tongue2::laugh:

I carry one on my keyring Si ... it's very loud and boisterous but not particulalry frightening :laugh:

Right ok heres a belter of a weapon and its carried everyday by everyone.Shown to me by someone in the security forces in N Ireland get a newspaper and fold it in half then roll it up as tight as you can.Its like a bar of steel.A crack on the jaw or side of the head will stun you or knock you down.He added it can be shoved into an eye socket with ease. :icon_eek:

Edited by scothunter
Guest The Big Fish

Sarah, if i was ewe, i would take the baton, then if your pulled over by those nice policemen, you could always use the excuse that you use it for twirling :laugh:

Do ya think they would belive you? :laugh:

Not long ago i guy was arrested for carrying a baton in public. He was actually a stripper and it was a fake plastic truncheon. It all went to court and he got off with it as this was part of his act. A little common sense from the boys in blue would have stopped a load of taxpayers money being wasted yet again.

Sadly, crime is rising. The police are powerless, being 4 stabbings in the past 24 hours.

And they are still banging on about speeding motorists.....makes you sick...