Big Problem:>>>>>>>>>

when the kits are old enough move them out of the hutch and spray it down with duramitex .... it will kill EVERY bug in the hutch ..........

Red mite attack cage birds at night so i doubt it is that .Just my opinion mate what I would do is take the mother away while you change the bedding in the nest box,while the nest box is empty spray all the edges of the nest box with Duramitex (great stuff) or front line and replace the bedding with shredded paper.When kits are independent at about 8 weeks front line the lot.If in the mean time if it gets bad see a vet.Hope it helps P1. :icon_eek:

as we have/keep chickens in the pen next to the ferrets, we tend to suffer from red mite, which is why I commented it may be them, not knowing if the guy kept chickens/poultry either

when the kits are old enough move them out of the hutch and spray it down with duramitex .... it will kill EVERY bug in the hutch ..........

Red mite attack cage birds at night so i doubt it is that .Just my opinion mate what I would do is take the mother away while you change the bedding in the nest box,while the nest box is empty spray all the edges of the nest box with Duramitex (great stuff) or front line and replace the bedding with shredded paper.When kits are independent at about 8 weeks front line the lot.If in the mean time if it gets bad see a vet.Hope it helps P1. :icon_eek:

as we have/keep chickens in the pen next to the ferrets, we tend to suffer from red mite, which is why I commented it may be them, not knowing if the guy kept chickens/poultry either

Wasn't knocking what you was saying stubby, used to keep canaries was plagued with red might never had any on ferts,How did you treat it with the hens? :icon_eek:

there's a few good things about being a pestie, I bring my work home with me, or should I say, "stores" :whistling:

we use the stuff quote a few posts back, kills most insects bugs etc, but is user friendly and can be used around livestock, as red mite tend only to feed of a night, and live in the woodwork in day, its quite easy to spray

only ever had the mite in the court once (so far) when it was first built,

there's a few good things about being a pestie, I bring my work home with me, or should I say, "stores" :whistling:

we use the stuff quote a few posts back, kills most insects bugs etc, but is user friendly and can be used around livestock, as red mite tend only to feed of a night, and live in the woodwork in day, its quite easy to spray

only ever had the mite in the court once (so far) when it was first built,

Thanks mate

i would say they were flea's mate had them before with a sort of red colour darker head then more red the further down the body you go and with the size of aprox 2mm id say that id deff go with flea's as red mite are not even half the size of a flea and would be easily distinguishable as they are more an orangey redy colour and more like totsie spiders id say .

regards kris.

deff sounds like fleas just keep cleaning out bedding and comb ferret after kits are old enuf seperate them and spray the cage with duramitex...I used to dip mine in diluted duramitex worked a treat....if in doubt ask your vet for advice

deff sounds like fleas just keep cleaning out bedding and comb ferret after kits are old enuf seperate them and spray the cage with duramitex...I used to dip mine in diluted duramitex worked a treat....if in doubt ask your vet for advice

my mate got sum stuff off the vet and watered it right down and it seems to have works , and regards to the size of the kits head, i thought it looked very large and it had a long neck but now its caught up with itself and it looks very healthy :) all ten still alive and kicking and she comes out every day for a stroke :)

shes been a perfect mum for her first time, at night she brings more hay/wood shavings into the nest box as it gets colder and in warm days she brings it back out.

i think it is fleas every one, as i dont keep poultry stubbs. every one has been more than helpful, thanks very much