synthetic or wooden

i prefer to use synthetic , wooden stocks do look better but the line of work i am in i dont like to f**k up the looks of the gun saves it getting all bashed up.

liam

yeah thats true ..if your work involves guns they're going to get rough treatment ,,synthetic are the better option in that case

synthetic, For the irish weather, for the simple fact that it's tough, light, dosen't warp in extremes of temperature or humidity. In the type of shooting irish stalkers tend to be in, most perfer synthetic for the simple reason it's tougher in the elements. :gunsmilie:

I prefer wood, but as has been mentioned it's mostly too fragile for life in the outdoors, certainly it's a pain when it gets rained on.

Synthetic is good, but it is sometimes a pain for balance because they seem to make the stocks hollow, so the weight is in the muzzle and that's a pain, especially with a moderator.

Wood, I paid loads extra for the monte carlo walnut stock with the lovely rose wood bits........ first time you lean on a fence post its buggered!!!!!! That said it does still look and feel nice but so easily marked, its like when you first get your car you love it until your first car park dinks and then no longer care. CBW

I went for the synthetic stock, having just bought a CZ 452 Silhouette because it's a tool and I even though I will look after it over the years I don't went to be too precious about it with knocks, bumps, scrapes, rain etc. Having used wooden stock quality air rifles for years I just felt it was time to use something that was functional .......but not so pretty......bit like me!

just seeing which you prefer or use sythetic or wooden stocks

Synthetic stock all the way.Had a cz in .17hmr wooden stock,barrel pushed to one side due to wood swelling also got very annoyed when a scratch developed on the stock.Now own a sako quad which is lighter,feels good,looks good and no longer worry about the barrl being pushed out.