I am basically after some info from past or present soldiers.First of all how does the army life fit in with hunting life? Are you able to go out as much as people in regular jobs or is time spent out in the field rare and far between? This may seem like a stupid question but do you have to live in a base all the time apart from when you have leave? Anyone who could give general info about army life it would be much appreciated :notworthy:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think if you are good at somthing you show an interest in ................the army will try to make it available.

a mate of mine used to ride motocross before going in the army.

rode bikes in the sevices...........ended up riding for the army enduro team!!!!

i have heard similar stories about shooting............target and clays.

hunting?? ..........dont know, but i,m sure you'll find out.

isn't the philosophy..................hunt or be hunted?????????

Unless your away on exercises or operations it is basically like any other day to day job, you are free to go as you please as long as you turn up to work on time.

You can be required at times to be on call, which is basically being able to show up within a certain period, generally within hours.

Unless your away on exercises or operations it is basically like any other day to day job, you are free to go as you please as long as you turn up to work on time.

You can be required at times to be on call, which is basically being able to show up within a certain period, generally within hours.

realdeal is this true? Dont mean to offend Fjager but you didnt say if you had any military experince or not.

Cheers :thumbs:

Dont mean to offend Fjager but you didnt say if you had any military experince or not.

Cheers :thumbs:

Fjager has extensive experience in the Boy Scouts and has completed a large number of weekends away at camp. His knot tying is coming on leaps and bounds and we are about ready to take him off the velcro shoes some time soon.

I spent some time with the RA and they had/have the only foxhound pack left in the army, at least they did 17 years ago.

Typical f#cking crap hat reply from you my truth challenged friend.

Yes Raider I was a Para once upon a time, no offence to Snap Shot but don't believe what the recruiters tell you too much, they'll say anything to get you in, but as I said once you are in the mainstream army, you virtually lead a normal life apart from when you are away in some shit hole of a place lying in the rain waiting to be shot at. Give it a go mate, makes men out of most lads, but Stab's failed this part, I have actually seen him squat to p#ss.

Just remember that there are many, many different jobs to be had in the military and they arn't all necesarily filthy, smelly occupations as many other blokes on here will know, myself, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Good luck

http://www.arrse.co.uk/ try looking here loads of guys ask the same question,like ubove there are loads of jobs in the army best bet is to stay away from the infantry and go for a trade.

CHEERS MATE, Infantry for 9 yrs loved it ..... teaches you a thing or two.(bloody remfs) :clapper:

they are all there to support the bods at the sharp end i.e. grunts

as for hunting i was lucky enough to have an officer in charge of our platoon with two Lurchers say no more ;)

also when posted to Germany managed to do my "Jagdshein" or hunting permit that was the gateway in that country

done a fair bit of stalking up in scotland for part of the sniper course

Its what you make it.... sure basic is a bitch but past that it's ok and you will never meet a better bunch of blokes.

fieldcraft , escape and evasion, shooting clay and large bore rifles dont regret a minute ....... good luck

Guest Rabbiteer

Pay attention to the Field Craft, Noise and Light, Spacial Awareness, Covert DO/PU (Drop Off & Pick Up) lessons.

Would be really useful skills to have if one was a Poacher.......... :whistling: