St. Georges day 2008

Our town has an annual St. Georges day parade,with over 10,000 people attending, last year was a great day out it's been going about 7 or 8 years now and has grown to be the biggest in the country ,just wondered what your town does?i'll post some pics tommorrow of the day :victory:

all the best Roybo

post-734-1208681295.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our town like so many others in our country does feckall to celebrate St Georges Day simply because the local authorities are too afraid of upsetting some minority group. They should all take a leaf out of your towns book Roybo and stop shitting themselves, grow a backbone and stand up for what they believe in instead of being dictated to by fecking do-gooders. Declare a national holiday that's what I say and I am sure you all agree and lets not be deprived of something else we all hold dear.

Its my birthday on st georges day so my george flag will be flying high

and dont give a stuff who i upset.

let the ale flow :drink:

remember reading last year about immigrants being offended by the flag flying and in some towns it was banned!

thats what its come to these days,i dont give a damn my flag will be flying in shillingford st george(my home)

and yes let the ales flow,have a good one mate

I hate to be a Miserable b*****d ;) I used to be pretty Patriotic once upon a time but not now! I won't be celebrateing St Georges day but will probably have a few but that a normal day.

The whole Country is now a shithole falling apart at the seams and busting everyone's guts Financialy to live in it, its also getting more and more like a Commy country every day with all the Laws being put in place.

the People who fought Wars and Died for this country must be turning in their graves if they could look at it now....

Sorry Lads Rant over :thumbs:....

Jasper

Absolutly bugger all , the local pup had to fight to put on a St Georges day do last year, yet St Paddys wasnt a problem :blink: seems the brewery was selling guiness cheaper

Our town has an annual St. Georges day parade,with over 10,000 people attending, last year was a great day out it's been going about 7 or 8 years now and has grown to be the biggest in the country ,just wondered what your town does?i'll post some pics tommorrow of the day :victory:

all the best Roybo

post-734-1208681295.jpg

Whats your Town Roybo?

Tinman

I hate to be a Miserable b*****d ;) I used to be pretty Patriotic once upon a time but not now! I won't be celebrateing St Georges day but will probably have a few but that a normal day.

The whole Country is now a shithole falling apart at the seams and busting everyone's guts Financialy to live in it, its also getting more and more like a Commy country every day with all the Laws being put in place.

the People who fought Wars and Died for this country must be turning in their graves if they could look at it now....

Sorry Lads Rant over :thumbs:....

Jasper

Damn good rant there Jasper :victory:

I agree with Jasper but I also think that we should remember why this country was once great! :thumbs:

So far as I know my town do bugger all on St Georges day yet every single establishment celebrated St Patricks day...

Can't understand why you guys have allowed yourself to be dictated to by our ethnic "friends" and bollock-less little nobodies who allegedlly represent your interests!! In Wales we all celebrate our welshness on St Davids day with flags flying everywhere, kids going to school in national dress and taking part in eisteddfords and everyone wearing daffodils pinned to their clothes etc etc.........

C'mon people stand up for yourselves and celebrate your heritage :D:D

i have to agree with jasper to a degree but maybe it,s time we dug our heels in and started to turn things around, all other religious beliefs etc are ok to celebrate but british celebrations ?

Our town like so many others in our country does feckall to celebrate St Georges Day simply because the local authorities are too afraid of upsetting some minority group. They should all take a leaf out of your towns book Roybo and stop shitting themselves, grow a backbone and stand up for what they believe in instead of being dictated to by fecking do-gooders. Declare a national holiday that's what I say and I am sure you all agree and lets not be deprived of something else we all hold dear.

well said mate. too politicaly correct now

keep st. George in my heart, keep me english

keepstgeorge_navy.jpg

My girls school is making a big deal of St Georges day.........letting all the kid dress up and doing a special assembly to tell the kids all about St George, giving them the story of the dragon.......the works.

About time........