Pricing for moles

Mole Trapping prices  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Whats a fair price per mole on farms?

• Less than £5 per mole
    • £5 - £10 per mole
    • £10 - £15 per mole
    • more than £15 per mole
  2. 2. Whats a fair price for moles in gardens?

• Less than £10 per mole
    • £10 - £20 per mole
    • More than £20 per mole

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont price per mole. You can end up having one mole left to catch and driving 20 or 30 miles return for £4 or something. I charge by the hour for farms and have a set price for domestics. You know what you are getting then.

I dont price per mole. You can end up having one mole left to catch and driving 20 or 30 miles return for £4 or something. I charge by the hour for farms and have a set price for domestics. You know what you are getting then.

Same as that Trappa...........not having to produce moles as evidence as well ;) I charge for my time per hour on the ground for agricultural work.......and by the number of visits for domestic.

Rolfe.

Hey Tomo when you say £90 for 3 visits how long would you stay on site?

Is there any hiding behind bushes before you shoot off, to waste some time ?

NO HIDING , im there as long as it takes to set traps 10 -20 mins might only have to set 3-4 traps, than again maybee 15 or more . have a look round the garden , flower beds , brief chat with customer. thats it .

Sorry to be a bit of a misery here, but seems to me we are on this forum setting rank beginers and dreamers into over night pesties by giving away every detail of the job drip by drip, i learnt the job the hard way over years and years, trial and error etc, but you could sift through previous posts on here and be armed with enough info to start tomorrow.

Now dont get me wrong, i have helped a lot of people setting up, who are genuine lads, BUT, there are a lot of numpties on here who arent ever going to make it, but will end up on rogue traders, and to be honest it will be some of our faults.

OK, i am ready for the flack, give it your best,

Regards MT.

Sorry to be a bit of a misery here, but seems to me we are on this forum setting rank beginers and dreamers into over night pesties by giving away every detail of the job drip by drip, i learnt the job the hard way over years and years, trial and error etc, but you could sift through previous posts on here and be armed with enough info to start tomorrow.

Now dont get me wrong, i have helped a lot of people setting up, who are genuine lads, BUT, there are a lot of numpties on here who arent ever going to make it, but will end up on rogue traders, and to be honest it will be some of our faults.

Regards MT.

Totally agree with mole trapper, the image of the mole man is being romanticised and like its quick easy money. Wrong, so wrong, fuel, tax, traps cost money, skills and patience have to be learnt respect for moley becomes 2nd nature. A lot of so called "mole catchers" out there giving the real ones a bad name already. I too will teach genuine lads, but I'll not pay them if they want to learn then do as I did put in the time. Well done mole trapper for speaking out.

Regards MT.

I'm with MT

ps: The snow, sleet, rain, stoney ground, frost frozen ground and traps, mud, long treks over cow shit fields, back filled traps, nicked traps, badger and fox raided traps, farmers turning stock onto fields which you have laid traps and you agreed he would keep stock free, the first light starts and dusk finishes, the list goes on. Easy money, its not. ;)

Whilst I agree that we shouldn't encourage Muppet's to take up pest control as some sort of 'easy living', those on here who posses wisdom, should not deny others the opportunity to advantage from it. After all, if they are determined to get into pest control, they will just carry on with or without our help. There have been a number of books and videos published which aim to pass on just that type of information.

Personally, I would rather the market was flooded with quality pest controllers who know what they are doing, than cowboys who give us all a bad name.

The point of the poll was to establish what the going rate for mole catching is. I would rather everyone charged a fair price for the job, than have a load of wallies undercharge, and under perform and give us all a bad name.

Regards MT.

I know where you are coming from. a couple of weeks ago i told someone on here not to think of moling as a cash cow. He seemed to think that he could make big bucks real quick, but as we know its awful work at times. The farms, where the "meat" of my money comes from is bloody hard work. A lot dont know what its like to not feel your fingers after an hour but know youve got 7 hours moling left.

Whilst I agree that we shouldn't encourage Muppet's to take up pest control as some sort of 'easy living', those on here who posses wisdom, should not deny others the opportunity to advantage from it. After all, if they are determined to get into pest control, they will just carry on with or without our help. There have been a number of books and videos published which aim to pass on just that type of information.

Personally, I would rather the market was flooded with quality pest controllers who know what they are doing, than cowboys who give us all a bad name.

The point of the poll was to establish what the going rate for mole catching is. I would rather everyone charged a fair price for the job, than have a load of wallies undercharge, and under perform and give us all a bad name.

Matt

Your poll was full of good intentions, but folk can give false info so does not reflect a true or national pricing structure. Some do it for pin money and they are good at trapping, but don't need the income so thier price is low, others do it for a living hence high price. If I was to charge my farmers £10+ a mole they would not employ me, hence a annual contract where we both win. I am not a pest controller, I control moles, full stop. The rats and rabbits I have friends who take it on for free, altough I am looking at rats and squirrels as I am getting asked to do these a lot. Vermin control is what I aim to undertake, pests - re bugs, wasps etc don't interest me. As you and experienced molers know a hundred mole hills don't indicate a 100 moles some have the idea it does then think its easy money. They in for disapointment so discouraging them is just as important as encouraging them. Hope that makes sense, the genuine ones will perservere no matter what. Rouge mole controllers is bad for us all. ;)

I know where you are coming from. a couple of weeks ago i told someone on here not to think of moling as a cash cow. He seemed to think that he could make big bucks real quick, but as we know its awful work at times. The farms, where the "meat" of my money comes from is bloody hard work. A lot dont know what its like to not feel your fingers after an hour but know youve got 7 hours moling left.

Bang on Trappa, farmers are not stupid they know who knows what they doing and what the going price is, they talk to each other. Bank holidays, forget them the farmers want you working just like them, first light to dusk. ;)

I catch a few moles to help some farmers out, but to be honest I wish I never offered :laugh: , its more of a chore.... theres a lot easier ways to make money but if you like moleing go for it.....