Eating Mole?

Guest kill_that_rabbit

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had some greedy dogs but the 90lb Presa bitch I have at the mo is the best I've had at being greedy. She can swollow halve a rabbit after a few crunches and positioning it. Even she turns her nose up at moles. Never tried the ferrets with them. I think carnavores in general are a bit crap.

I've had some greedy dogs but the 90lb Presa bitch I have at the mo is the best I've had at being greedy. She can swollow halve a rabbit after a few crunches and positioning it. Even she turns her nose up at moles. Never tried the ferrets with them. I think carnavores in general are a bit crap.

my cattle dog cross,God rest her, would've eaten a mole I bet.Would've been nothing after a 3lb frozen trout complete with plastic bag,after she opened the freezer,Sunday joint and a tray full of roasting hot fat ,after she opened the oven,and a pot of chilli powder after she opened the cupboard.etc etc etc.No sense of taste,cast-iron,digestive system,neck muscles like a python ,always down in one before you could stop her.Number of times I had my hand down her throat trying to hang onto the back-legs of the bunny she'd just "retrieved". Loved that dog but suspect she owed some of her genes to Aleisteir Crowley's experiments.

Edited by comanche
Might as well eat it if i'v killed it right?

....................WRONG!!

Apparently they taste like absloute crap!! :sick:

Wouldnt knock ya from trying though!

How about you catch a few... then try a few different recipies, and post the results :thumbs::yes:

Can't hurt i suppose, as long as it isnt toxic or anything *if it is please let me know, or you will have my blood on your hands* i'l give it a try whenever i get one and tell y'all :thumbs:

Will ferrets eat them?

Ferrets will eat them, weasels are one of their predators, as will badgers, stoats, etc. the mustelid family will eat just about anything.

i keep weasels bud they wont eat moles. mine wont anyway
Has anyone ever eaten a mole? I'm considering taking up trapping them and wondered what it tastes like. Might as well eat it if i'v killed it right?

Cheers :victory:

moles carry some real big fleas on them, you could try them roasted along with the flesh, contact jamie oliver for a recipe .
  • 1 year later...

i wouldnt try and keep a live trap caught weasel. they will bite feck outta ye. i caught one a few years ago and it bit the feck out of me hand . :( not as bad as a ferret bite but still bad enough. :o i threw the little fecker to the dog , who made short work of it. i did see some for sale once though. about 10 years ago in cage and aviary magazine. they were apparently captive bred and tame . and were being sold for £30 each.. :)

i wouldnt try and keep a live trap caught weasel. they will bite feck outta ye. i caught one a few years ago and it bit the feck out of me hand . :( not as bad as a ferret bite but still bad enough. :o i threw the little fecker to the dog , who made short work of it. i did see some for sale once though. about 10 years ago in cage and aviary magazine. they were apparently captive bred and tame . and were being sold for £30 each.. :)

live trap ed weasels do tame down but you can not grab hold of them.they will bite if you do.it takes

a long time for them to get this tame.2006_0806house0005.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

lehaybely071.jpg

2006_0628house0007.jpg

seesaw traps seem to be the best have trapped loads in them.