Eating Mole?

Guest kill_that_rabbit

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my hawks caught one last year and carried it up onto a barn roof where she sat with it for ages trying to rip the skin open. Now bearing in mind the feet & beak on a hawk and shes a good hunter, it was a mammoth task for her to get into it properly. Eventually and most unusually for a bird of prey she got bored lol and she let it go and it rolled down the roof and she flew to me. I went over to take a look at it and it stunk!! Now I dont know if all moles smell so putrid and it was most definately fresh but theres no way i'd eat one after that lol If its not good enough for my hawk I wouldnt touch it and she'll scoff a minging bunny on a bad day :sick:

Guest Eamon.Mc

K T R Is your head alright?? You're the same person that asked about drugging fish??? Have you taken too many disco biscuits in your youth?? Or are you in your youth using too many disco biscuits?? :hmm: Next you'll be asking how do ya skin a worm?? And have you ever slid down a razorblade using your balls for a brake???

K T R Is your head alright?? You're the same person that asked about drugging fish??? Have you taken too many disco biscuits in your youth?? Or are you in your youth using too many disco biscuits?? :hmm: Next you'll be asking how do ya skin a worm?? And have you ever slid down a razorblade using your balls for a brake???

so how do you skin a worm?????? :doh:

Guest kill_that_rabbit
Might as well eat it if i'v killed it right?

....................WRONG!!

Apparently they taste like absloute crap!! :sick:

Wouldnt knock ya from trying though!

How about you catch a few... then try a few different recipies, and post the results :thumbs::yes:

Can't hurt i suppose, as long as it isnt toxic or anything *if it is please let me know, or you will have my blood on your hands* i'l give it a try whenever i get one and tell y'all :thumbs:

Will ferrets eat them?

How about you catch a few... then try a few different recipies, and post the results :thumbs::yes:

Can't hurt i suppose, as long as it isnt toxic or anything *if it is please let me know, or you will have my blood on your hands* i'l give it a try whenever i get one and tell y'all :thumbs:

Will ferrets eat them?

Ferrets will eat them, weasels are one of their predators, as will badgers, stoats, etc. the mustelid family will eat just about anything.

Will ferrets eat them?

i would really like to see some of your photos that you have taken whilst out, shooting, hunting, ferreting .......

Has anyone ever eaten a mole? I'm considering taking up trapping them and wondered what it tastes like. Might as well eat it if i'v killed it right?

Cheers :victory:

Frank Buckland was a famous Victorian naturalist ,who not only became, I think ,the first Government Fisheries Inspector but had a penchant for eating anything that swam flew or walked just to see what it tasted like.He even had an arrangement with London Zoo for taking their fallen exotics for culinary experimentation.Miffed at missing the chance of a freshly dead leopard he had it dug up some time later and despite it being obviously passed its' sell -by date he gave it a go. Apparently this taste for the bizarre had been inherited from his dad who was a Bishop of all things.Anyway Buckland senior declared that mole was the main contender for the most revolting thing he'd eaten.This coming from a chap who'd been brave enough to tackle Blue-bottle soup should carry some credance!. Don't know what would be more risky ,tea with Miss Marple or supper with the Bucklands. I know someone who feeds skinned moles to his ferrets but that's nowhere near as interesting as someone who ate a decomposing leopard. :thumbs: All the best