Celebraties who support field sports

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT ABOUT THE ARCTIC MONKEYS! THEM IN THERE TWEED AT THE BRIT AWARDS WITH THERE HUNTING HORN AND DUCK DECOY AND AT THE NME AWARDS BRINGING THIER CROW DECOY

I think we all saw the pics but was it just a fasion statement or are they actually field sports fans? If so, lets have more!!

Marco Pierre White!!

How could I forget? :blink:

Saw an article in one of the Sunday glossy mags a while back, MPW has over a hundred deer trophys up in his house, seemingly he is obsessive!

:yes::yes: he shot what every one said would be the biggest roe of last season(it was a stomper) but had to wait for it to dry out before it could be weighed etc at one of the shows by cic(governing board) all this attention was just what he loved, but from what i hear after the day of every one swaning around him and his roe head, his head was beaten by a one a farmer had shot, who had not boasted about it to the mags etc.. a bit of a :feck: to m,p,w bet he was gutted..( oups sporting agent beat me to it)

just to add, the botham farther and son are top notch genuine guys, liam is mad kean... they shoot and fish alot on a estate in the tyne valley were i used to go.. one thing though ian takes smoking BIG cigars to the extreme

Edited by alimac
i always think that high profile jockeys should show more support for field sports,because without hunting they would not have horses to ride under rules.they are on telly every week so the ideal place to publicise field sports.

A few have come out in support of hunting in Ireland. There was a letter published recently from a jockey supporting the staghound packs that they were trying to ban.

I agree though, seeing as most of them learn their trade in one way or another around hunting and their mounts usually go at some point they could show more support. :thumbs:

i know 2 or 3 jockeys and rugby players who support hunting,but it would be maddness for these boys to through there names out so they can have every man and there family trying to catch them out na i dont think so edited to add all you lot saying celebs should come forward get a pic of your self and your name on computer whats good for the goose is good for the gander

I'm a rugger bugger so i know quite a few of them who shoot and/or fish.

Dean Richards, Sir Clive Woodward, Lawrence Dallalgio (England),

Gareth Edwards, Scott Quinnell (Wales)

Doddie Weir, Budge Poutney, Ian Smith (Scotland) Rob Wainwright has already been mentioned.

With the exception of Ian Smith (although he may of as well) all have talked about their fieldsports in rugby, shooting or fishing magazines, on TV programmes, or pre match programmes.

Finally one more cricketer Robert Croft, Glamorgan, England, and Wales enjoys both shooting and fishing.

Give me time i'll probably find one or two more! :laugh: Bit sad i suppose but there you are.....

Tight Lines

Aled

Im suure Marco shot the biggest roe head in the uk a few years ago and I know of 2 famous ladies on tv that stalk and shoot grouse up by us .

But its not for me to put there names on this site

Edited by gavmac

Most of the names mentioned have openly shown their support for field sports in one way or another Zap, certainly the ones i've mentioned anyway.

NH jockeys tend to come under the eye of animal rights activists anyway and although i'm sure its not unheard of I wouldn't think there are many that are anti hunting. Most NH trainers suports hunting too, the trainer I used to work for also hosts a shoot on her estate aswell as meets for the foxhounds. Not sure if the beagles still meet on her land but they used to. :thumbs:

Wee Barry McGuigan was keen on ferreting,i remember seeing a clip on tv about him at his height as a boxer,He was filmed with his son ferreting rabbits,he claimed its how he relaxed out of the gym and took his mind off boxing :thumbs:

Edited by gaz
Wee Barry McGuigan was keen on ferreting,i remember seeing a clip on tv about him at his height as a boxer,He was filmed with his son ferreting rabbits,he claimed its how he relaxed out of the gym and took his mind off boxing :thumbs:

Thats right, i started a thread once (i believe it was on another forum) about famous ferreters, obviously Jack Charlton,Phil Spencer (location location location) Vinny Jones and a few others and then someone added Barry McGuigan

can any body rember george from london's burning, him and his family are into hunting aload us walked round with him at the march in london, he was telling us all that him and his daughters were well into there hunting .

one of the english rugby guys was in the sunday times a few weeks back.pictured in his hunting gear with gun,saying it was hugely important to him etc,gave it as much focus as the rugby,

can't think of his name and saying he was a huge b*stard doesn't really help!