DEBEN FAULTS

Just wondered if anyone has had problems with false readings with the deben long range locater i had a dig last week and got a reading of 10ft turned out to be only 4ft and it seems it was camera in bag makeing it go wild and today switched locator on and did same this time was mates B&F collar ( switched off ) that made it give WRONG reading surly should of tested for this when designed ??? gonna invest in a B&F in summer but just thought id ask CHEERS :thumbs:

Just wondered if anyone has had problems with false readings with the deben long range locater i had a dig last week and got a reading of 10ft turned out to be only 4ft and it seems it was camera in bag makeing it go wild and today switched locator on and did same this time was mates B&F collar ( switched off ) that made it give WRONG reading surly should of tested for this when designed ??? gonna invest in a B&F in summer but just thought id ask CHEERS :thumbs:

DEBAN ARE GANGSTERS,THE INLAND REVENUE PROVIDED ME WITH A DONATION FOR MY B AND F WITH A BIT OF CHANGE :clapper:

Thats spot on about power lines and phones aswell gonna get in touch with deben and see what they have to say think we all know what kind of answer they will give me :feck: But all this as taught me not to bother saving a few quid because can turn a good days digging in to a very bad one

safe your money and get a ortovox

searched like mad for one cant seem to find it .found mammut barryvox pulse box but cant find price or how to buy

if u could post the site i would be greatfull :thumbs:

We will order them here but but it´s just in german language !

http://www.der-jagdhund.de/

Click on ARTIKEL (upper middle )

than on BAUARBEIT ( second on the right )

than on BAUSENDER ( first on the left )

and than you find them !

they also send on 457 mhz like the B&F , so you can use the transmitter with the Pieps also and the B&F collar with the Ortovox Receiver ! you can use all allvanache Receiver that send on 457 mhz , digital and analog ! We will use the analog one´s !

Greeting´s

Steezy

or you can read it in English on the original site , but don´t know if you can order them there !

http://www.ortovox.com/content/en/

Edited by steezy

i bought the new deben finder not the long range one and had nothing but trouble with it sent it back they said tyhere was nothing wrong with it so i got it back next dig it said 7 foot it was only 3 phoned them up they told me the transmittor on the collar has to be on the underside of the dogs neck as soon as it slides round the dogs neck it is way off which isnt practical every time a dog is underground the collar is transmittor is going to move it is absouloute rubbish im now using the mark 1 again how can a company bring a new locatoer out that is worse than the last one that was out 15 years before it i will be getting a bellman and flint soon

had also the same problems with the long range terrier finder...it is on the point but gives often false signals when it comes to debth...often the signal shows much deeper than the dog actually is...it is than very nice to think that is necessary to dig maybe 3 meters deep and then reach the dog after 1, 5 meters:)

i think the deben long range terrier finder is a good comromise from the "cheaper" locaters but i will invest next time for the B & F or for a locater like steezy said.

regards