Quick hour on a kayak....

3 minutes ago, steve t said:

Excellent  did you take rods with you?

Yes mate, always do..

Couple of 4 piece travel rods and a load of lures...he had a small snapper as well.. I blanked and I'm supposed to be the fisherman! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Oh lordy , that's gonna last him years 🤣, every family get-together, every time someone mentions beach, kayak, fishing .....

• Like 1
22 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Having a week in Antigua, with my brother and our wives...we don't like sitting about much, so grabbed some kayaks and had an hour or so out fishing on them... 30 minutes of that was taking up by him pulling this beauty in, Giant Trevally... gave it to the local beach lads, they were made up...what a start to the holiday!!

IMG-20240507-WA0010.jpg.0a0f8a1cbbd6ff58a584dfecc845771d.jpg

IMG-20240507-WA0009.jpg.4cabce1168bdbf54209115f54d79c475.jpg

Thats brilliant is that

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Borr said:

Oh lordy , that's gonna last him years 🤣, every family get-together, every time someone mentions beach, kayak, fishing .....

Tell me about it Joe, he's walking around like a Cheshire cat!! Lol

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, waltjnr said:

How long to get it in Kev ,hard fighting aren't they? Especially in a kayak ! 

Probably half an hour or so, went like he'll!! On 4 inch savage lure trying to catch a few snapper ..saw a load of terns diving and small tuna breaking surface, just couldn't keep up on the kayaks, done a few miles chasing them! Lol arms are killing today..

That fish was the famous last cast and probably only 400 yards off the beach, he's always been a spawny git, had a near 20lb turbot when we Alderney years ago, ended up in the Sea Angler with it.. got that lucky streak...the twat!! Lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
16 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Probably half an hour or so, went like he'll!! On 4 inch savage lure trying to catch a few snapper ..saw a load of terns diving and small tuna breaking surface, just couldn't keep up on the kayaks, done a few miles chasing them! Lol arms are killing today..

That fish was the famous last cast and probably only 400 yards off the beach, he's always been a spawny git, had a near 20lb turbot when we Alderney years ago, ended up in the Sea Angler with it.. got that lucky streak...the twat!! Lol

Come on brotherly admiration for the spawny git ! 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

When will it get warmer enough to get em off our coast ?

Used to remember rex hunt catching them and they certainly fight ! 

Well we've had blue fin tuna for a good number of years, and I'm hearing that Albecore Tuna are now being off out coasts, if they really start to run it will be amazing on light spinning gear catching 10 or maybe 15lb tuna... hopefully then the GTs follow! Lol

• Like 1

Not quite as impressive, took the wife for a paddle on a double kayak, a yellow tail snapper (I think)

Had another follow off a very good looking fish.. 

Back out in the morning...brother may have set the bat too high though lol

Screenshot_20240508_173656_Gallery.jpg.0c8a0f7a4984a7cb51ccdc3374d2f6fa.jpg

• Like 9
14 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

That's what you call an holiday mate and memories you will cherish for ever. 

what you like in the sea tat? you wouldn’t get me out there on a kayak lol must be great craic but my arse would be going 

• Like 1