11 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Jesus christ wolfie....lol

What ? Just a pair of work boots, I Mena seriously these arnt even the nicer decorated ones ...kinda want the American flag Ariats but they never have my size in stock 😑

Screenshot_20240424-153837.png.fea26cda29e5b3431948975ebfafb8be.pngScreenshot_20240424-153814.png.31419af69ad73cab1984cb490c7ab31c.png

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wolfie,Do you dance for money with those things on ???

How long do y'all usually get out of a pair till you need to replace them ?  Looking at about 3-5 months for mine till they get to the point I have to replace them per company policy the non skid surf

Used to make me laugh when I worked on building sites and demolition lads who wore rigger boots and were for ever taking them off to empty shite that had fell down them. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Wolfie old chap them boots would be more at home at a line dancing session you need something a bit more manly like these lol…

IMG_0213.jpeg.55318f0d3bae8d3b6fa87f61d16c7b4a.jpeg

You've not had them long or you're not on track very often😁

56 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

You've not had them long or you're not on track very often😁

If I showed you my old ones you’d laugh I couldn’t part with them these are about 8 weeks old and I polish them with one of those squeezy kiwi things, I’m a manager now I have to set the standard lol 😂 

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Haha 2

Laced boots support your feet better, period.

Over time slip ons will naturally loosing and your feet move about in them, even if it’s slightly, and that causes fatigue, bad feet and without the support of a lace system can lead to injury.

When it comes to boots that you have to ware and put to the test, laces are a country mile in front.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4

Who makes the military desert boots there Wolfdog, is it Danner ?

Ive never worn Danner but have done god knows how many miles in Meindl, Alt-Berg and Lowa desert boots and they are superb.

Lightweight, resilient and breathable with excellent support to ankles, arches and forefoot/metatarsal areas.

Cheap as chips from surplus and worth every single penny. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

If I showed you my old ones you’d laugh I couldn’t part with them these are about 8 weeks old and I polish them with one of those squeezy kiwi things, I’m a manager now I have to set the standard lol 😂 

Now, there’s an old fashioned thing……I have always cleaned my boots, it’s like a weird obsessive compulsive thing I have.

Bore the arse off my oldest lad about stuff like that ! Lol 

But it’s something I have always done, look after your kit and it will look after you…..plus, you wouldn’t go out with the arse hanging out your trousers like a tramp so why should it be different for your boots. 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, WILF said:

Now, there’s an old fashioned thing……I have always cleaned my boots, it’s like a weird obsessive compulsive thing I have.

But it’s something I have always done, look after your kit and it will look after you…..plus, you wouldn’t go out with the arse hanging out your trousers like a tramp so why should it be different for your boots. 

You want to see how I go about my personal not work boots it’s a military operation different polishes several different cloths there’s nothing more satisfying than a freshly polished pair of brown boots, my mrs can’t get her head around it but those who know, know I suppose it all goes back to how my grandad was sharp haircut shirt and ties suits and always polished boots or shoe's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, WILF said:

Who makes the military desert boots there Wolfdog, is it Danner ?

Ive never worn Danner but have done god knows how many miles in Meindl, Alt-Berg and Lowa desert boots and they are superb.

Lightweight, resilient and breathable with excellent support to ankles, arches and forefoot/metatarsal areas.

Cheap as chips from surplus and worth every single penny. 

Danner Nike Oakley, benville, a few others. Honestly most people buy their own after we get out of basic to fit what they like according to what they do.  The boots S-3 wear while sitting in the office all day vs the ones we wore in recovery vs the ones the cav scouts would wear where all kinda different.

But anyhow these where the ones I wore, problem is the steel toe wore out quicker and the way their made to be breathable isn't good for water resistance out here 

And I have to buy mine new because I have a small but wide wide foot so it's a pain to find my size 

Screenshot_20240424-220439.png.6b30d69811e08c2f24f5f43a1aa8342b.png

There's a lot more choice overthere, a workwear warehouse puts screw fix choice of dewalt boots or nowt to shame, even a brand like timberland have a number of workwear styles, spoilt for choice. 

6 hours ago, WILF said:

Over time slip ons will naturally loosing and your feet move about in them, even if it’s slightly, and that causes fatigue, bad feet and without the support of a lace system can lead to injury.

Banned on all  our sites, no ankle support

• Like 2
6 hours ago, WILF said:

Same here mate and the Hanwags I bought back in November I can't rest until I have washed the mud off them after a walk out.lol

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Banned on all  our sites, no ankle support

Used to make me laugh when I worked on building sites and demolition lads who wore rigger boots and were for ever taking them off to empty shite that had fell down them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
16 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I remember when riggers were de-rigueur on sites,in reality they were crap.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mackem said:

I remember when riggers were de-rigueur on sites,in reality they were crap.

Never had or wore a pair mate. I suppose what they were intended for and that was working on riggs out at sea were they could be kicked off easily if one was to fall in the sea they had their purpose but seeing some one driving a fork truck in a pair I found amusing. Lol

• Like 1