I can only say we'll done, I have had 3 rescue lurcher & a rescue working collie & they have all been exceptional dogs. I would have another tomorrow. Good luck with yours & I look forward to seeing her when she is in good health. I bet she will be one of the best dogs you have. Good luck.

• Like 2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bruce, possibly the most successful working rescue dog ? Cheers.

Mrs has taken in a foster dog from local charity as she knew id be happy to have it around. The pup has apparently been locked in a create since birth (thats what they have been told) currently estima

Well she is officially with us now. Put on 2.1kg in first 2 weeks, finally able to go out this weekend so had her on a short walk yesterday. She still a flight risk and hesitant to come back close in

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Samrog said:

I think if and when you get that bond it will make a great worker with your effort. Without trying to sound too soft we’ve had a few rescue dogs and I think they really do know that you saved them.I say give it a chance 👍🏼

Think Mrs wants to keep her around regardless what I think so I imagine we will be keeping her. Like you say hopefully I can get a good bond with her within the next few weeks and she will begin to trust us much more. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chunky11 said:

I can only say we'll done, I have had 3 rescue lurcher & a rescue working collie & they have all been exceptional dogs. I would have another tomorrow. Good luck with yours & I look forward to seeing her when she is in good health. I bet she will be one of the best dogs you have. Good luck.

I'll try keep the post updated  to her progress, she's actually starting to stretch out now instead of being all hunched up so is nice to see her finding her feet a little bit. Cheers. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

This was my initial thought but obviously can only base it on information the rescue people have provided us 

Be sound that will

8 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

This was my initial thought but obviously can only base it on information the rescue people have provided us 

She will be a belter mate. In fact she will probably be even better than expected because shes grateful to you for getting her out of there and she wants to please you. Be patient, teach her well and get the best grub in her. And worm her and all that stuff. And she will run through a brick wall to see you smile

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well she is officially with us now. Put on 2.1kg in first 2 weeks, finally able to go out this weekend so had her on a short walk yesterday. She still a flight risk and hesitant to come back close in so will be keeping her on long line and only letting her off on my permission where there is a couple of full enclosed fields. 

20240413_145300.jpg

20240413_164604.jpg

IMG-20240413-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240413-WA0002.jpg

• Like 13
52 minutes ago, scottpenn28 said:

Well she is officially with us now. Put on 2.1kg in first 2 weeks, finally able to go out this weekend so had her on a short walk yesterday. She still a flight risk and hesitant to come back close in so will be keeping her on long line and only letting her off on my permission where there is a couple of full enclosed fields. 

20240413_145300.jpg

20240413_164604.jpg

IMG-20240413-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240413-WA0002.jpg

the not coming back is normal aye @Black neck

get a pick a yours up @kingturnnout something like yours mate 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, ADAM C said:

tiny steps.....you'll get there with her pal....she looks tonnes better....get updating this post so we can see her progress please.

Well done up to now.

meant to say keep updating this post.

1 hour ago, scottpenn28 said:

20240413_145300.jpg

20240413_164604.jpg

IMG-20240413-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240413-WA0002.jpg

She looks nice Scott bin lean but lot them types do don't they even wiout a bad start be a goodun I reckon👍

42 minutes ago, Black neck said:

She looks nice Scott bin lean but lot them types do don't they even wiout a bad start be a goodun I reckon👍

Obviously don't know what parents looked like but yeah seen plenty like this on the lean side. Gonna keep feeding her good food though and regular exercise and hopefully have her in fine fettle soon.