PIANOMAN'S NEW EYESIGHT. BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE.

Dear lads. Gentlemen all.

I've been out of the shooting Arena for a long time. Over 6 years now. The reason was failing eyesight due to onsetting cataracts and general degradation of my eyesight due to age. I'm 66 now. This meant I could no longer focus my scopes to shoot to a high standard of accuracy. As I am a professional artist and illustrator this has been a very worrying time for my career and my shooting has had to take a long backseat. Imagine trying to shoot a 30 yard group with totally unfocused scopes and the target blurred and you have an idea what it's been like. 

However....

I've just had lens replacement surgery to both eyes and the results are staggering. The operation cost me £8,000. A hell.of a lot of money but, my eyesight is priceless for what I do. The NHS do not provide the op. It has to be done privately. Basically, they remove the natural lenses of your eyes and insert a folding contact lens down a syringe into your eye and over the pupils under the outer surface of the eyes. Yiu are awake and fully conscious and the whole thing lasts about 30 minutes. 

I can focus my scopes with better eyesight than I think I ever had before. I can read clearly without glasses. And shoot to my old standards as before. 

My beloved HW80 .22 HW77 .22 and Pro Sport .22 will soon be reunited with me on my permissions. 

A very worrying, scary time is now like a bad nightmare finally over. 

Hope everyone is well and doing good. See you all again seen. 

Best regards to you all dear lads.

Simon. "Pianoman"

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, pianoman said:

Dear lads. Gentlemen all.

I've been out of the shooting Arena for a long time. Over 6 years now. The reason was failing eyesight due to onsetting cataracts and general degradation of my eyesight due to age. I'm 66 now. This meant I could no longer focus my scopes to shoot to a high standard of accuracy. As I am a professional artist and illustrator this has been a very worrying time for my career and my shooting has had to take a long backseat. Imagine trying to shoot a 30 yard group with totally unfocused scopes and the target blurred and you have an idea what it's been like. 

However....

I've just had lens replacement surgery to both eyes and the results are staggering. The operation cost me £8,000. A hell.of a lot of money but, my eyesight is priceless for what I do. The NHS do not provide the op. It has to be done privately. Basically, they remove the natural lenses of your eyes and insert a folding contact lens down a syringe into your eye and over the pupils under the outer surface of the eyes. Yiu are awake and fully conscious and the whole thing lasts about 30 minutes. 

I can focus my scopes with better eyesight than I think I ever had before. I can read clearly without glasses. And shoot to my old standards as before. 

My beloved HW80 .22 HW77 .22 and Pro Sport .22 will soon be reunited with me on my permissions. 

A very worrying, scary time is now like a bad nightmare finally over. 

Hope everyone is well and doing good. See you all again seen. 

Best regards to you all dear lads.

Simon. "Pianoman"

By the way. Sorry for typos. That's due to pudgy fingers on my phone keypad! Lol!!

• Haha 1

U do realise now that you are back that u will be swamped with how do

I do that how dose this work 

Questions lol

Pleased your all back to normal if not better Simon 

We both been thro a lot over these last few years my old friend

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

Hi J

8 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

U do realise now that you are back that u will be swamped with how do

I do that how dose this work 

Questions lol

Pleased your all back to normal if not better Simon 

We both been thro a lot over these last few years my old friend

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

Hi Jimmy old mate. We have a lot to catch up on. I'm getting an impression you have been through tough times these last 6 years. But it's a positive sign you are still here and posting up your latest Pro Sport purchase and the other guns you fancy the look of. It's been a hell.of a frightening time with my eyesight starting to fail and Helen's health not been great. Message me your news when you can Jimmy. 

Helen sends her love to you both as do I.

Simon. X

• Like 1

I had double cataract surgery Simon but not what you had by the sound of it and I do agree the difference I felt with the new lenses in was amazing, being able to see sharp cross hairs was a blessing. 

I remember the session you, Jimmy, Ethan and myself had in your garden was good fun but also showed me how bloody rubbish I was with that new TX200 I bought having watch you drop 4 pellets on top of eachother.  I must say however after 'Charlie Caller' tuned it for me, even I was able to produce tight clover leaf groups and I do regret selling it.

It would be good to get together again, Jimmy and myself have spoken about that recently and one day we may be able to sort something out.  In the meantime Simon, stay in touch on here as we do need to get the activity back on here again.

Phil

• Like 2

Hi Simon. It seems that a few lads have been kicked in the nuts with various health issues lately.

Sorry to hear about your sight - I'm pleased that you managed to get it fixed though - that's a right result - well done :good:

• Like 2
On 30/03/2024 at 11:01, Jonjon79 said:

Hi Simon. It seems that a few lads have been kicked in the nuts with various health issues lately.

Sorry to hear about your sight - I'm pleased that you managed to get it fixed though - that's a right result - well done :good:

Thank you so much Jon. That's very kind of you to say that. 

It's been a frightening experience to find you can't shoot agai for poor eyesight. I cannot say it strong enough. Look after your health and your eyesight.  It is so precious. 

Weather's a bit poor this Easter here but, I'll be back out with my rifles again soon. 

Take care Jon and thank you again mate.

Simon. 

• Like 1

You’ve inspired me to go private. Although I one cataract done, the other eye is quite simply smoke. The biggest worry I have now is driving as have sold or passed on all my guns and tackle.  Congrats and it sounds like you have some catching up to do. Enjoy. Jok.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mattwhite said:

Glad to hear the op has been a success Simon. Your local rabbits will be blissfully unaware of your new, improved vision. Happy hunting pal👍

Nice to see you back on again Matt.

Phil

• Like 1