9 minutes ago, poxon said:

Anything I want to do or want to see how it’s done I use utube it’s a brilliant tool for insight an information.Good on ya mate that’s the way gotta have a crack your self if not your paying silly prices for someone else to do it 

Some garages want £70 and hour.feck paying them that mate. Like you say have a go yourself..

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any of you lads ever done any ceramic coatings on guns/cars/motorcycle's? I’m gunner be having a go at coating some billet wheel hubs at the weekend it’ll be my first time using the stuff I’m a little

Saw the title and thought it was about singing badly in pubs...

Posted Images

Watched a few YouTube videos, and I fitted a new turbo to my old Rav last summer...been spot on ever since...few yrs ago I would of payed someone else mate, bought a little fault code reader,handy as f**k👍DSC_4842.JPG.6cb4a6fb36f5affbf2df529da38a0325.JPG

• Like 1
21 hours ago, mC HULL said:

loads a shite mate best value the launch ones 

Just looked at the price on them mate £450 + 😲 feck that lol..

8 hours ago, tillylamp said:

nice job bud, when you respoke a wheel is it easy to over tighten them....

Cheers fella I done these ones all even hand nipped up then marked the first spoke up with a bit of masking tape near we’re the valve for the inner tube then tightened every 3 spokes quarter of a turn with a spoke key till I’m back to the original spoke then add another bit of tape to the next spoke and go round every 3 again till the beginning this process is repeated 4 times you don’t have to wrench on the spokes just nip them bit by bit evenly or when you come to true the wheel on a trueing stand it’ll be all over the shop up down side to side you gotta remember if your over tighten say 12 o’clock 6 o’clock will be tighter. For correct tightness I done a sound test with a pencil run over the spokes they should all sound the same sound 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, poxon said:

Cheers fella I done these ones all even hand nipped up then marked the first spoke up with a bit of masking tape near we’re the valve for the inner tube then tightened every 3 spokes quarter of a turn with a spoke key till I’m back to the original spoke then add another bit of tape to the next spoke and go round every 3 again till the beginning this process is repeated 4 times you don’t have to wrench on the spokes just nip them bit by bit evenly or when you come to true the wheel on a trueing stand it’ll be all over the shop up down side to side you gotta remember if your over tighten say 12 o’clock 6 o’clock will be tighter. For correct tightness I done a sound test with a pencil run over the spokes they should all sound the same sound 

thank for explaining that bud, i have an old motorbike here that has some spokes missing from the back wheel that has a buckle when it's spun round, could it look buckled because of the missing spokes.....

On 21/03/2024 at 08:57, poxon said:

Any of you lads ever done any ceramic coatings on guns/cars/motorcycle's? I’m gunner be having a go at coating some billet wheel hubs at the weekend it’ll be my first time using the stuff I’m a little nervous because I want to make a really good professional job of it I’ve glass media shot the hubs in the sand blast cabinet keeping the bearings an dust seals in so to not play with tolerances I’ve degreased them then baked them in the oven repeated twice to make sure for no grease I’m looking for any hints an tips would be appreciated? I think this is a good a place as any as I know many on here are car/bike and gun guys

IMG_6196.jpeg

IMG_6241.jpeg

IMG_6354.jpeg

Air cured or oven cured put your parts in a way you can pass even when spraying its not the same as powder  maybe mask or bung anywhere you dont want paint good luck

• Like 1