Ridiculous Sports Commenting.

Watching the darts tonight and the commentator said “ If he hadn’t missed 17 darts at a double the game would have been a lot closer” !

The other night a commentator said “ If he had scored better and hit more doubles than his opponent, he might have won the game” !

Im old enough to remember “Whispering “ Ted Lowe commenting on a snooker match when he said “ he needs the blue, and for anyone watching in black and white, that’s the ball next to the green”  !

Sometimes its best just to turn the sound off ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

or you could say what is the point in paying tthese muppets to talk shite when there is action taking place but not being filmed ffs.i like to watch all kinds of sports but will not now as you do not see two thirds of the actual events that are happening.formula 1 for example 1 hour intro who gives a feck what the driver had for breakfast just put he racing on and get rid of all of the rules that have ruined it.athletics is a joke talking bollocks when the events are going on and you do not see them ffs.

The strangest surely has to be that weirdo Adam Smith when commenting on a Toney Bellew fight.

"The bomber tattoo on his back is of course a reference to his punching power and not in any way insensitive to the tragedy which unfolded, in this arena, when Ariana Grande performed; Manchester will never forget."

• Haha 2

My neighbour , ex Newcastle player John Anderson, comments on the games for radio Newcastle, and he once slipped up when a co commentators asked him “well John, how do you think the games going ?”

John replied “ how the f**k do you think ? We’re 5-0 up at half time ! “ LOL !

Cheers.

• Haha 2

What fucks me off is the filming.....rugby for example....the amount of times the camera cuts to the crowd or a manager ...but misses the quickly taken line out...fucks me right off..

• Like 1

Ron mcIntosh is the pinnacle for ridiculous sports commentating, I find him hilarious though. 

If you listen to a fight night on the radio you'll hear all sorts out of him, he loves to describe where fighters are 'on the clock face'

He compared joe Parker to a fighter in street fighter once, 

Don’t they call them gaffes Colemanballs after David Coleman? Think anyone doing a commentators job would make the odd boob. My issue with sport now is the quality of presenter and pundit has dropped off a cliff in the last decade or so with the demise of anything resembling meritocracy and the rise in ‘equal representation’. No longer can you listen to a couple of retired ex-elite level sportsmen enlightening you about the intricacies of what you’re watching.., you’ve to be subjected to the banal ramblings of the female/gay/black/etc. diversity target/quota who’ve now replaced the subject matter experts. I don’t watch a lot of stuff I once did, staples like Football Focus & MOTD.., and I’m certain I’m not alone. Broadcasters must be able to see the drop in viewing numbers, but seem determined to keep shooting themselves in the foot.

• Thanks 2

A Newcastle match the other week, Ally McCoist was commentating and a corner was cleared by a Newcastle header, McCoist said “ they are never going to get past Newcastles defence like that, all their defenders are all 6’4” !

It was Keiran Trippier who headed away, the smallest player on the pitch !

Cheers.

• Haha 1