George Galloway Rochdale

Just now, mackem said:

I am absolutely none of them to be honest,so as I said scratching a living on a hobby farm holds no appeal.

the majority are though mate living in the uk freedom is the last thing 95 percent have 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mChullokov, leader of the Russian Steppes.  

I absolutely fail to understand why any European would be in the least bit bothered what happens to people who are part of a religious group that would happily see every European Christian dead !   

If people saw all the back room deals between the bankers,corporations,political class, and intelligence services to manufacture conflicts , no body would fight in any of these wars.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Id better get all those £’s ,$’s , €’s and ¥’s out of the safety deposit box and buy gold !

Cheers.

you think that mate but like in the 30s when the dollar collapses you won’t be able to do out with it they will make you sell them it for a fraction of what you paid then give you even less paper back lol 

4 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

We have moved on from those days though mate and nobody forced us to, doesn't that give you the answer?

like they ain’t forcing us to accept 50 genders slowly does it 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

would you rather plod about a farm or land with your family have time for hobby’s etc 

or work 12 hour a day have no hobby’s take the kids away for two weeks a the year and be upto your eye balls in debt ? 

Why is everything black or white, yes or no, east or west, with you ?

Some of us have chose to live life on our own terms, even old Wilfy made a life changing choice. Mackem and myself chose to tread a different path, Greyman has went his own way it seems.

If life pisses you off here in the UK, make a decision, accept it or do something about it!

Just reading between the lines of your posts , you seem a handy lad, you could make a go of something outside your comfort zone !

Give it a go mate , believe me, it’s an adventure!

Cheers.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

like they ain’t forcing us to accept 50 genders slowly does it 

Trust me, I long for simpler times, but, it won't ever happen. 

There's a FB group full of historic photos of my village, some in the late 1800's. I must admit that they leave a lump in your throat, a longing for the past, seeing all the people and places long gone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you think that mate but like in the 30s when the dollar collapses you won’t be able to do out with it they will make you sell them it for a fraction of what you paid then give you even less paper back lol 

That’s why you diversify ; cash , metals, stones, property, shares, etc. Don’t keep all your eggs in one basket .

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Why is everything black or white, yes or no, east or west, with you ?

Some of us have chose to live life on our own terms, even old Wilfy made a life changing choice. Mackem and myself chose to tread a different path, Greyman has went his own way it seems.

If life pisses you off here in the UK, make a decision, accept it or do something about it!

Just reading between the lines of your posts , you seem a handy lad, you could make a go of something outside your comfort zone !

Give it a go mate , believe me, it’s an adventure!

Cheers.

i’m as happy as a pig in shit to be honest mate 

but 90percent ain’t you just have to drive about look at faces posture no heads held high all looking at the floor like they have the weight of the world on there shoulders i don’t like to see that 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’m as happy as a pig in shit to be honest mate 

but 90percent ain’t you just have to drive about look at faces posture no heads held high all looking at the floor like they have the weight of the world on there shoulders i don’t like to see that 

I have sympathy for those who are really hard up , but to be honest , no one should be poor , cold or hungry in this country !

The benefits system makes sure of that. If I couldn’t afford to eat or keep warm, the first things that would go would be the iPhone, Sky and the telly !

Sure, people are suffering, but suffering like we were in the 50’s and 60’s ? I don’t think so.

People who obviously can’t work or take care of themselves should have a decent life provided by the tax revenues the government collects, not one penny should go to overseas aid, it should be spent at home, but let’s be honest about this , I personally know people claiming benefits for “anxiety and depression “ that have absolutely nothing wrong with them, I know lads with 4,5 kids who will openly tell you they are better off on benefits than working! 
Is the “system “ wrong or are they just lazy ? I don’t know, but something is wrong when people would rather be on benefits than work and we are importing third world people to do the work .

Im retired and comfortably well off, but I worry the direction the country is going in.

I only have my grandson to worry about, but he is well looked after by his Saudi family and is being well educated at an international school, so, it’s only your education I have to worry about ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, mackem said:

I spoke to a lot of these people,educated middle class brits,I actually conversed with them as they marched,not watched them on TV but spoke with them face to face,I didn’t understand their mindset either.

6849420E-F39E-413B-88B9-687B1B4242CA.jpeg

Rome today... 

Screenshot_20240302_191934_Gallery.jpg.af3d331baaee2d192ec03d178722d27a.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_191913_Gallery.jpg.f491680d1c468ba5e0db99a626b8f122.jpg

5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I have sympathy for those who are really hard up , but to be honest , no one should be poor , cold or hungry in this country !

The benefits system makes sure of that. If I couldn’t afford to eat or keep warm, the first things that would go would be the iPhone, Sky and the telly !

Sure, people are suffering, but suffering like we were in the 50’s and 60’s ? I don’t think so.

People who obviously can’t work or take care of themselves should have a decent life provided by the tax revenues the government collects, not one penny should go to overseas aid, it should be spent at home, but let’s be honest about this , I personally know people claiming benefits for “anxiety and depression “ that have absolutely nothing wrong with them, I know lads with 4,5 kids who will openly tell you they are better off on benefits than working! 
Is the “system “ wrong or are they just lazy ? I don’t know, but something is wrong when people would rather be on benefits than work and we are importing third world people to do the work .

Im retired and comfortably well off, but I worry the direction the country is going in.

I only have my grandson to worry about, but he is well looked after by his Saudi family and is being well educated at an international school, so, it’s only your education I have to worry about ! LOL !

Cheers.

People will always abuse the system mate, you can't design a benefits system around these few as it will unfairly punish the genuine claimants.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Nope, you can’t live decently without money. Sad, but true.

Even Russia and China accept that communism has failed. 
Capitalism may be bad but it’s the least bad, to paraphrase Churchill. 
The old saying “money can’t buy you happiness “ is complete nonsense, of course it can, I’m far happier with a wedge in the back poke than being in debt !

Cheers.

I didn’t say you could live without money, I said the seemingly well off places are not always the best places to actually live.

London is rich, you can make money there easily, it has healthcare and schools and great f***ing internet…..but it will cost as much as you earn to live there and it’s a shit hole.

If you could just exploit it and live somewhere better then that’s the way forward…..it shouldn’t be that way but that how things have been set up so why not if you can. 
Those twenty gazillion camel jockeys ain’t crossing the Chanel because they feel the pull of a green field under an English oak, they are coming to exploit us….and when they have exploited the maximum amount out of us they will disappear back to a place nicer for them, leaving the younger relatives to carry on exploiting us and sending the money back until it’s their turn to retire. 
They will live like their local equivalent of maharaja’s and our places will be in tatters ! 
They ain’t coming because it’s better, they are coming because it’s rich with loads of free stuff.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

People will always abuse the system mate, you can't design a benefits system around these few as it will unfairly punish the genuine claimants.

That’s why I said “ I don’t know”.

Its like Labour demanding the end to “ non-dom “ status. 
I’m not even sure if I was “non-dom” when I lived and worked abroad but I signed papers to say I was “non-resident for tax purposes “ back in the  70’s . It meant I didn’t pay tax on the interest I earned on the money I sent home to a UK bank account. As soon as I came home, I had to inform the bank and the government that I was again a UK resident, but I certainly wasn’t a millionaire or a rich person that Labour describe “non-doms” as, I was just a bloke who left home to work abroad for a better life for me, the wife and kids.

The whole system is f****d up… just do what you think is best, without hurting others !

Cheers.

28 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

A country where people can’t afford to work is fundamentally broken !…..and many can’t afford to work !

Life means you are always going to have the £400 a week bloke, in fact the world needs him to drive forklifts and push hospital trolleys and move stuff about in warehouses….but £400 don’t buy him a life, he can’t afford to exist on that.

It won’t even pay his rent !

Nobody wants to take him out of the Tax system, nobody wants him to live on benefits….so what’s the poor f****r meant to do ?

We could easily say “That bloke and his wife pay no tax at all for the next 25 years” and it would give them half a chance but we don’t want to do that either !

And look at the people who are just getting by, they must take one look at those wogs all holed up in hotels at £8 million quid a day and then getting 5 year fully paid assured private rent houses conjured out of the ether and think “what the f**k am I doing ?”……and who could blame them ? 

The whole job is just plain insanity, who can blame people for jumping on the band wagon if batshit nuts is how the gaff is going to work ?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, WILF said:

I think we have places worth living and places worth exploiting.

The U.K. has set itself up to be exploited and not many are better at it……if you are lucky enough to able to live in a decent place and earn your money exploiting another place then that’s great.

U.K. money (and no doubt dollars) go a long way in places that may not be as rich or have as many bells & whistles as the U.K. and America but are blinding places to actually live.

The reason people are on the borders on America and the U.K. is money !…..plain and simple !

Money and living are two completely different things. 

95% of people living in Europe and the US are on the debt slave treadmill , from when they start working until they die . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

good post mate 

i feel your grandson is in a better position then my young uns 

saudi won’t allow the shite we are to happen