Elephant grass

17 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm thinking of planting it in various places on the shoot. Nextdoor has loads of it....is it easy to pinch? Can I just take cuttings or dig the roots up?

I think it’s the same as this mate, maybe have a chat with the neighbour first he may have planted it himself and be a useful  Allie if he turns out to be a prick then nick some  

6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I think it’s the same as this mate, maybe have a chat with the neighbour first he may have planted it himself and be a useful  Allie if he turns out to be a prick then nick some  

Yeah that's what I was watching, I'll give it a go, wasn't sure if you had to do it at a certain time of year.

The neighbour is a work in progress....her ex husband was in the shoot so all her land is set up for shooting, unfortunately she is now dead set against it. She has given us permission to dog in off her land, I'm hoping that will extend to being able to send the beaters through two areas of her land on a shoot day, that would give us two extra drives. Her gardener is sound and has agreed to look after one side of the shoot so it going in the right direction. She's a bit of a recluse though so I thought I'd just go and cut a bit of dig some roots up if it's easy enough 

• Like 1