When you thought it couldn't get any worse.

Well guys our country is utterly f****d if this goes ahead guys. These arseholes that sit behind a desk making these rules up really make my piss boil. Really this should of happened years ago accommodation suited for each individual officer of the force. Like when we used to go to a carvan before buying our own. Was bronze , silver , gold. You still could get a two bedroom home but diffrent grades of a two bedroom home comforts. A can't see why an officer with no kids needs a four bedroom home. This should of been done many many years ago. You can't start changing the rules when these officers may of spent 15 / 20 years in service in these kind of accommodations. Just won't happen. So these officers will walk if this goes ahead 

WWW.BBC.COM

The Ministry of Defence wants to change housing rules to focus on needs rather than rank.

27 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Much more too it than that , it’s not purely a case of “one man , one wife , three kids = 3 bed house “ 

the difficulty of lived existence gets lost in the crosshairs when it’s reduced to basics 

Sorry to say but my experience with military housing, weather that be singe or married quarters was shit, This was in the 1980`s mind, I never understood the idea that just because you were an officer you were entitled to a larger house than an enlisted man, Why?. I have been in single accommodation where in the summer we use to watch the ants going across the floor in lines whilst sleeping under asbestos roofs, I have been in married accommodation where the only heating was smokeless fuel costing £7 a bag and we went through 3bags a week in 1989, in the summer the ants came up through the floor, The windows were metal framed and were basically crap, No idea if conditions have improved since then but i would hazard a guess that the answer is, Not much.  

11 minutes ago, paulus said:

Sorry to say but my experience with military housing, weather that be singe or married quarters was shit, This was in the 1980`s mind, I never understood the idea that just because you were an officer you were entitled to a larger house than an enlisted man, Why?. I have been in single accommodation where in the summer we use to watch the ants going across the floor in lines whilst sleeping under asbestos roofs, I have been in married accommodation where the only heating was smokeless fuel costing £7 a bag and we went through 3bags a week in 1989, in the summer the ants came up through the floor, The windows were metal framed and were basically crap, No idea if conditions have improved since then but i would hazard a guess that the answer is, Not much.  

Paradise 

• Haha 2
28 minutes ago, paulus said:

I have only visited my pal in the places he lived and seen pictures of his new place but I have to say, the housing is lovely.

Even the blocks on one of his places were clean, modern with every convenience.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, WILF said:

I have only visited my pal in the places he lived and seen pictures of his new place but I have to say, the housing is lovely.

Even the blocks on one of his places were clean, modern with every convenience.

So they are not living in Nissen huts and bell tents these days ?

0D01033E-5067-406C-AD08-B9881FE51AC6.jpeg.6c7fdc0e673e9174b2222ac99ff45256.jpeg

0F8B0D9C-C963-4D21-B461-CBBFC2632CE6.jpeg.df60093e36f31c2b550002fd65335313.jpeg

Spoilt fuckers ! LOL !

Cheers,

56 minutes ago, paulus said:

I’m sad to say but by and large a lot of the houses are vastly improved since then . 

but that’s not the argument. It’s about entitlement . 

there’s nothing I’d think of worse than living next to an officer . I don’t want to see my co every weekend cutting his grass similarly I don’t want him to see me falling about with my mate in the back garden when we have a bbq . 

Officers should be allowed over entitlement , same as high ranking officers have a driver , to allow them to have a Divide between work and home life . The need for an extra room for office space or for guests for entertainment ( a requirement in most command positions ) fully requires more rooms . 

asa LCpl I had my seargent major living next door . It was howling 

9 hours ago, chartpolski said:

So they are not living in Nissen huts and bell tents these days ?

0D01033E-5067-406C-AD08-B9881FE51AC6.jpeg.6c7fdc0e673e9174b2222ac99ff45256.jpeg

0F8B0D9C-C963-4D21-B461-CBBFC2632CE6.jpeg.df60093e36f31c2b550002fd65335313.jpeg

Spoilt fuckers ! LOL !

Cheers,

The Nissan hut above was what we had our school dinner in as kids and the tent is what we went on holiday in lol

10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m sad to say but by and large a lot of the houses are vastly improved since then . 

but that’s not the argument. It’s about entitlement . 

there’s nothing I’d think of worse than living next to an officer . I don’t want to see my co every weekend cutting his grass similarly I don’t want him to see me falling about with my mate in the back garden when we have a bbq . 

Officers should be allowed over entitlement , same as high ranking officers have a driver , to allow them to have a Divide between work and home life . The need for an extra room for office space or for guests for entertainment ( a requirement in most command positions ) fully requires more rooms . 

asa LCpl I had my seargent major living next door . It was howling 

I have to admit that when we lived in a flat in Germany my next door neighbour was a SGT, They put one in every block of nine flats. It was not the greatest idea anybody had ever come up with and did give rise to situations that could have been avoided if he had not been there. 

As for entitlement, I understand the different needs between officers and enlisted people, (Get that i am even politically correct these days Lol) But surely the argument should not be about that but more to do with the fact that the needs of enlisted people are not being catered for when it comes to the availability of Larger houses for those that need it.  

The needs of enlisted sp are more than catered for , there are significant amounts of lower ranks in accommodation of over entitlement , I know of numerous service families with 1 child in 4 beds . Complete madness 

part of the issue is that the pad wives are always after large amounts of space to build next dream homes . It’s unrealistic and you have to make do with what’s free . I’ve been lucky and had my first choice accommodation each time , but I’ve never had over entitlement . Ever . 

the idea that an officer commanding would be expected to squeeze his 2.4 family into a 3 bed and host his junior officers , other ocs and mess members across the bge would be massively detrimental to espirit de corps . More so when you factor in that he could  be squeezed into a cul de sac between a Fijian reme LCpl who has back gardens full every Friday and the duty regt half wit who plays green day at full volume until half 1 in the morning whilst doing his best to pretend he doesn’t despise his other half . 

it ain’t broken , so don’t fix it 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The needs of enlisted sp are more than catered for , there are significant amounts of lower ranks in accommodation of over entitlement , I know of numerous service families with 1 child in 4 beds . Complete madness 

part of the issue is that the pad wives are always after large amounts of space to build next dream homes . It’s unrealistic and you have to make do with what’s free . I’ve been lucky and had my first choice accommodation each time , but I’ve never had over entitlement . Ever . 

the idea that an officer commanding would be expected to squeeze his 2.4 family into a 3 bed and host his junior officers , other ocs and mess members across the bge would be massively detrimental to espirit de corps . More so when you factor in that he could  be squeezed into a cul de sac between a Fijian reme LCpl who has back gardens full every Friday and the duty regt half wit who plays green day at full volume until half 1 in the morning whilst doing his best to pretend he doesn’t despise his other half . 

it ain’t broken , so don’t fix it 

shame people don’t use that saying more stiff