Superb eagle flights.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watched this earlier,an eagle for an emperor,flights on roe,CWD,Muntie and hare,give his channel a follow.  

He still flies eagles Tats, this is his eagle called Mack.   

I have various friends with Falcons, Hawks and there's one with an Eagle. I have been out dozens of times over many years and have seen the smallest birds caught to pretty large mammals caught. All ve

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

I should imagine there's a certain hybrid that will be superior in races.

Never seen one fly but i heard that Perlins supposed to be good in flight an hybrid between the peregrine falcon and the Merlin.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Never seen one fly but i heard that Perlins supposed to be good in flight an hybrid between the peregrine falcon and the Merlin.

I got to see pure merlins fly skylarks a few years back.That was something to watch and took some real skill,knowledge and dedication by the men that were flying them.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I got to see pure merlins fly skylarks a few years back.That was something to watch and took some real skill,knowledge and dedication by the men that were flying them.

I bet they take a lot of time & effort a bird that small.

5 hours ago, leegreen said:

They still haven't sorted out their Lakeside complex in Pokhara yet,

No more foot aunches from sarangkot for a while then?A life less ordinary, he sounds an interesting guy. 

Screenshot_20240225_130952.jpg

Screenshot_20240225_130900.jpg

IMG_20240225_130823.jpg

Screenshot_20240225_171105.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, leegreen said:

Hybrid vigour maybe. Not sure to be fair. I think they get £5000 upwards, depending on siblings performance I think.

the one i had off Nick fox came with a very detailed diary off basically its whole life. 

3 hours ago, downsouth said:

When i was a young un, I got to witness a pair of Merlins flown at Skylarks, Brilliant stuff and defiantly a heart in mouth moment when the come back towards the ground like little missiles only to open up feet from it. 

17 hours ago, Leatherface said:

I bet they take a lot of time & effort a bird that small.

I know the fella who took me out to watch it used to fly and feed his one twice a day to manage its weight as it was a matter of a couple of gramms between it too heavy to hunt or come back and too light that it would drop dead.And at the time I thought my Gos was a temperamental c**t

• Like 1
14 hours ago, paulus said:

When i was a young un, I got to witness a pair of Merlins flown at Skylarks, Brilliant stuff and defiantly a heart in mouth moment when the come back towards the ground like little missiles only to open up feet from it. 

Like up and at em hare coursing but in the sky

19 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Big money involved with these birds...but like everything else, massive black market too...

WWW.DGWGO.COM

Two men have been sentenced with community payback orders after pleading guilty to a series of wildlife...

There’s a fantastic book called The Falcon Thief about a guy who travelled the world stealing falcon eggs for the Arab market,even went to the arctic circle for white gyr falcons,really good read.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

There’s a fantastic book called The Falcon Thief about a guy who travelled the world stealing falcon eggs for the Arab market,even went to the arctic circle for white gyr falcons,really good read.

Decent business plan, swapping flatcaps and flapping tracks for keffiyehs and jessies?

• Haha 1
On 23/02/2024 at 17:42, low plains drifter said:

Merlins?

Not sure mate, it was years ago and it was on/just off A66. I was a bit of a kid (21 ish) and I asked him (terrible question) are they easy as pets! Put down is an understatement :laugh:

Edited by mushroom
On 25/02/2024 at 14:36, downsouth said:

I  did about 25 years ago on an airfield was amazing 

• Like 1