Superb eagle flights.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watched this earlier,an eagle for an emperor,flights on roe,CWD,Muntie and hare,give his channel a follow.  

He still flies eagles Tats, this is his eagle called Mack.   

I have various friends with Falcons, Hawks and there's one with an Eagle. I have been out dozens of times over many years and have seen the smallest birds caught to pretty large mammals caught. All ve

Posted Images

Remember seeing an hybrid eagle years ago owned by a chap renowned for breeding wire haired vizslas' the bird was massive and a bit temperamental to say the least. It was reportedly a cross between the golden eagle and a steppe eagle. It was one of them times in the past i wish i had carried a camera.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, mackem said:

Had a philippine eagle on a glove years ago at Apo eagle sanctuary on Mindanao, evil looking thing,they are critically endangered. 

Remember holding the golden Eagle on the glove Jeff owned wile he adjusted his rucksack. The power that emulated from this bird I could feel running through my body was like nothing I had felt before in handling any other living creature just glad the glove was exstra thick than a normal falconry glove as it tightened it's grip when the spaniel I was handling came around my feet. 

• Like 1

Id much rather see a decent Gos or even a Spa fly than one of them big lopey things.And couldnt think of anything worse than carrying one of them around all day to see it put in a half arsed attemp to kill a hare when you could see a gos or even a harris hawk put in a much better and exciting effort at a 1/3 of the size

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Id much rather see a decent Gos or even a Spa fly than one of them big lopey things.And couldnt think of anything worse than carrying one of them around all day to see it put in a half arsed attemp to kill a hare when you could see a gos or even a harris hawk put in a much better and exciting effort at a 1/3 of the size

Agreed seen a few fly year's ago and the Gos hawk wins hands down for exciting flight's. To me though the eagles visual impressions is a bit like looking at a Scottish deerhound to a well bred whippet but once they start running the whippet is more exciting to watch for me any way.

10 minutes ago, downsouth said:

I was saying similar but having watched the video it is pretty decent, still, like you said, I'd rather have a Goshawk or Harris Hawk, much more entertaining flights, but I bet it's great taking deer with an eagle.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

I was saying similar but having watched the video it is pretty decent, still, like you said, I'd rather have a Goshawk or Harris Hawk, much more entertaining flights, but I bet it's great taking deer with an eagle.

It's got to be up there with one of the most memorable sights you could witness hunting quarry.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

It's got to be up there with one of the most memorable sights you could witness hunting quarry.

Imagine flying CWD that would be off the scale. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, downsouth said:

My uncle has 2....like yourself Id rather a day out with one of his  gos/harris hawks over the eagles....best day ive had out personally,a lad was flying his Lanner x and a gyr x down on ground where they film Downton abbey 👍

• Like 1

Hamed  Ghunaim, who made the film “Hounds Of Arabia”, gave me a dvd of himself and Sheik Maktoum flying their falcons on bustards.

A pal gave me a dvd of him flying his Harris hawk on bolted rabbits.

Worlds apart, but equally exciting  and enjoyable !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1