Bean to cup coffee machine,

I'm thinking of buying 1 but haven't owned 1 before so am basically clueless..there seems so many different 1's it's like a minefield..any recommendations for machine and beans etc..

36 minutes ago, king said:

I'm thinking of buying 1 but haven't owned 1 before so am basically clueless..there seems so many different 1's it's like a minefield..any recommendations for machine and beans etc..

Just after a cup, not freshly ground but half decent, I've thought about buying myself a proper bean to cup machine but as I'm the only coffee drinker in the house it's hardly worth the faffing about. 

IMG_20240210_171444.jpg

43 minutes ago, king said:

Costa, Starbucks or even McDonalds, No mess and no hassle  Lol

I keep telling myself to get one as it's only coffee I drink and only me .like you say there is that many to choose from plus I don't want it to end up like the air fryer the daughter bought us Christmas before last just stuck in the cupboard after only using it a few times. 

25 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Just after a cup, not freshly ground but half decent, I've thought about buying myself a proper bean to cup machine but as I'm the only coffee drinker in the house it's hardly worth the faffing about. 

IMG_20240210_171444.jpg

Yea that's fair enough mate..its only me and my lad that drink coffee in the house so it will get some use I think..

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, paulus said:

Costa, Starbucks or even McDonalds, No mess and no hassle  Lol

I bought 1 coffee from a Starbucks machine about 12yrs ago and felt like I had a gram of whizz mate..very strong caffeine hit lol..

I've never been Inside a Starbucks or costa shop ever and don't eat mc Donald's..so a machine is the way to go maybe..

11 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I keep telling myself to get one as it's only coffee I drink and only me .like you say there is that many to choose from plus I don't want it to end up like the air fryer the daughter bought us Christmas before last just stuck in the cupboard after only using it a few times. 

That's why I was hopeing for some info on them etc mate..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, king said:

I bought 1 coffee from a Starbucks machine about 12yrs ago and felt like I had a gram of whizz mate..very strong caffeine hit lol..

I've never been Inside a Starbucks or costa shop ever and don't eat mc Donald's..so a machine is the way to go maybe..

I hate the smell of coffee beans, when we use to go up the local market there was a stall selling them, i was wrenching when i walked by it Lol

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

So glad I stopped drinking coffee and tea...stomach feels so much better

I only have the one cup of tea in the morning these days...dont drink coke/fizzy drinks...after work I have the odd cup of green/herbal tea😁👍

11 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I only got an airfryer about 6 months ago and can honestly say I wish I'd bought one years ago. So convenient for meat , I honestly hardly use the oven now. As regards coffee machine , I only have 2 cups a day, black coffee no sugar. One when I get up before work and one when I get home e from work and I just drink plane water in work all day. So I think a coffee machine would be wasted on me. But the airfryer was life changing lol 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Leo Sayer said:

I only got an airfryer about 6 months ago and can honestly say I wish I'd bought one years ago. So convenient for meat , I honestly hardly use the oven now. As regards coffee machine , I only have 2 cups a day, black coffee no sugar. One when I get up before work and one when I get home e from work and I just drink plane water in work all day. So I think a coffee machine would be wasted on me. But the airfryer was life changing lol 

I think it's just me mate as I cook my own meals through the week before work and when the frying pan has always been one of the main instruments of cooking most of my life I think it's the change of using a different cooking method I can't grasp tbh. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Love air-fryed salmon,Er indoors loves cooking, she got a load of chicken and fish recipes online, quick and easy. 

Screenshot_20240211_084734.jpg

Screenshot_20240211_084713.jpg

• Like 2
Just now, mackem said:

Love air-fryed salmon,Er indoors loves cooking, she got a load of chicken and fish recipes online, quick and easy. 

Screenshot_20240211_084734.jpg

Screenshot_20240211_084713.jpg

That looks nice, there so convenient.  Add a woody and duck just before, might try find a airfryer recipe for them and try later. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

That looks nice, there so convenient.  Add a woody and duck just before, might try find a airfryer recipe for them and try later. 

I was eating salmon 2-3 times a week after the salmon run, always air-fried unless baking whole fish, evolution of cooking, went from the sacred flame and open fires to microwaves and airfryers. 

• Thanks 1