Boots,Bear & Rose..

3 minutes ago, paulus said:

Need whippet in there mate Lol

Funny you should mention Whippet,I got my old Minshaw dog DNA tested & there was Whippet in it 😁

• Haha 1

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was how Bear was every single day for a month after breaking his neck then another pic of him as he is now,I never went to bed for 30 day's,I turned him over every 2 hours to prevent him getting

Here's Boots on one of the many occasions I've worked him until almost his last breath,the dog has no quit in him,Bear & Rose his pups are exactly the same,all these dog's would lay their life on

Hope everyone has had a decent season running their dogs 👍🏻 ..another one comes to an end & that's about it for my old mongrel Boots too,he's let me know the past 4 or 5 trip's out he's had enough

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, FUJI said:

The two dog's I have out of Boots have both suffered major setbacks in their life mate,this dog here Bear broke his neck as a young dog,at the time he looked like he was going to make a serious dog,day or night came alike to him,very fast dog, brilliant retriever & regardless of how big or how hard it was he dealt with them,as a young dog he showed more wind than his sister Rose,obviously him breaking his neck stopped his progression in its tracks. I like the dog regardless of his disability,what he can still do he does it very well. Rose snapped both bones in her front leg back in February of 2022 but she came back from that after having surgery to fix it in unbelievable form,in fact she had her best season to press starting away just 7 month's later. She still put plenty of big rabbits to rest during the daytime & dozens of hoof too,her best night lamping on the big bunnies came after breaking her leg when she caught 15 of them so no mean feat for an animal having had such an injury,she isn't anywhere near the size of her brother but on teeth she is a harder animal than him..they aren't the best at anything really but they are pretty good at everything mate..I think you will have a good bit of fun with a SBG should you go down that route buddy 👍🏻

2021-03-03-47.jpg

Cheers for the reply mate and sharing your thoughts. Splendid looking animal him. That's a bit of bad luck on the injury front, would have been easy to write them off and perhaps not carry his career on considering the extent on a neck injury, so fair play giving him full support and giving him the change to work 👍

Like the sound of the sbgs and all I've seen have great shape and look to them 👍

Yes, just to source something from decent stock will be my first job and hopefully I can get myself down on a pup in the near future. All the best mate 

10 hours ago, Black neck said:

Looks like the bowl.

Yeah it does a bit BN doesn't it..just a lot more open ground up there in Scotland where that is & the high point is only about half of what the Bowl is but I certainly can see why you said that 👍🏻 ..hope your having a great weekend,cold but dry here this morning,just making a start with my pack of mongrels then off out hiking in the Lake District with the Mrs & a couple of mutts in tow..have a good un 👍🏻

IMG_4697-01.jpeg

Hope your all up bright & early & readying for church this Sunday morning to go & repent your sins 👍🏻 ..I'm away there shortly then off out for the day so I'll wish you all a great Sunday,have a tiptop day folk's.. adiós for now.

Straight lined...ahhhh those were the day's 😁

2021-03-03-54.jpg

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Yeah it does a bit BN doesn't it..just a lot more open ground up there in Scotland where that is & the high point is only about half of what the Bowl is but I certainly can see why you said that 👍🏻 ..hope your having a great weekend,cold but dry here this morning,just making a start with my pack of mongrels then off out hiking in the Lake District with the Mrs & a couple of mutts in tow..have a good un 👍🏻

IMG_4697-01.jpeg

Ah was just a guess probably kill me clambering up there ,the lack of old shopping trolleys and junk.would startle me also

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Ah was just a guess probably kill me clambering up there ,the lack of old shopping trolleys and junk.would startle me also

I'm not going to lie BN my day's of fooking about up there are numbered,I'm getting too long in the tooth & my body is in bits mate,I'm here just readying to take these cnuts out now & I've got my knees & ankles strapped up plus my back too..ready for the scrapyard I am,this getting old is gold apparently 😂

3 minutes ago, FUJI said:

I'm not going to lie BN my day's of fooking about up there are numbered,I'm getting too long in the tooth & my body is in bits mate,I'm here just readying to take these cnuts out now & I've got my knees & ankles strapped up plus my back too..ready for the scrapyard I am,this getting old is gold apparently 😂

Ah well u got a few year on me ,my knees are OK but me hands are bolloxed ill be holding a lamp in me gob and gripping a slip lead wi me arse cheeks at this rate 🤣

• Haha 5
16 hours ago, FUJI said:

Funny you should mention Whippet,I got my old Minshaw dog DNA tested & there was Whippet in it 😁

I'm not surprised. My father used to have a Minshaw (out of Blue) and he looked like a heavy-set whippet x greyhound. His head always reminded me of a gharial; long thin muzzle compared to the wide head and cheek muscles.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, saluki bouy said:

Cracking thread!! Can I ask what camera you use Fuji? 

Just old Canon dslrs mate,nothing fancy at all..I have a few Canon 7d,Canon 5d,Canon 650d,Canon 50d & a Canon 350d..don't get too mindset in high megapixels it means absolutely nothing unless your blowing pics up to poster size etc,a decent lens on any of the aforementioned cameras will get you decent pics,the 7d does take more pics per second than the others so for fast action pics it's a good choice. We're I to only own one I'd probably say the 7d of the one's I own but I do like the old 5d Classic. All just bought off eBay and none more expensive than £200

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Photography is great fun,..I was  getting quite into it....and then,.. my mind-set changed😉

365.JPG

195.JPG

Cracking pics them Phil!!

• Like 1