Hard hitting wheaton lurcher

16 minutes ago, Penda said:

Unfortunately my friend when you own dogs that carry such a stature the enviable will happen I my self have own a few dogs that have no breaks 1 dog I had not long back was near enough full hound this bitch met her fate 1 night running a bunny down the beam towards my vehicle unfortunately she hit the side of the car full tilt died a few hours after shame but it is the nature of the beast, my friend had a very good beddy grey bitch that was like lightning very hand bitch indeed 1 night she was let out the motor for an empty out before the night had started she spotted a bunny heading towards a fence line lamp was put on the bunny headed for a gap on the rabbit wire as the bitch got in close for a strike the bunny was near enough through and unfortunately her head had on the wire causing her to tumble over she broke her neck instantly. Many people have lost dogs in the field its not nice but it is what it is you can't wrap them up in cotton wool 

Ware the 5th

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some dogs are just not destined to make old bones

I hate to break it to you mate. But one day your dog will kill itself. Big, fast, driven dogs that are good…. That’s what happens. We’ve buried three good dogs last three seasons. Also had one retire

greb taking the piss and lads are answering lol 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jackofalltrades said:

Wheaton to greyhound back to wheaton again 

1 hour ago, jackofalltrades said:

Wheaton to greyhound back to wheaton again 

Just now, chartpolski said:

I was wondering that myself ? 
If I’m reading this right the dog is 3/4 Wheaton, 1/4 Greyhound, 28” seems very tall for that breeding.

Cheers.

My 3/4 Greyhound 1/4 Wheatens only made 27 tops, 28 for a reverse bred is huge, would love to see a pic

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I was wondering that myself ? 
If I’m reading this right the dog is 3/4 Wheaton, 1/4 Greyhound, 28” seems very tall for that breeding.

Cheers.

Strange but not un herd of , I had a dog out of a 3/4 bull 1/4 greyhound my mate had a bitch both 23/24 " , a lad who had the brother made 27 /28 " tts bull used was 23" that dog (27/28 ") was then put to a full grey most the pups made 24 and above bar 1 pup that made 23 " ... strange things happen when using  dogs of very diffrent heights 

1 minute ago, Elchapo said:

Strange but not un herd of , I had a dog out of a 3/4 bull 1/4 greyhound my mate had a bitch both 23/24 " , a lad who had the brother made 27 /28 " tts bull used was 23" that dog (27/28 ") was then put to a full grey most the pups made 24 and above bar 1 pup that made 23 " ... strange things happen when using  dogs of very diffrent heights 

I agree. It’s just I’ve seen quite a few Wheaton types some even with a majority of deerhound in them and none have made 28”. Of course it can happen , I’ve posted pics of a 12 lb non-ped whippet who’s litter mates went up to around 40lb ! So yes, it can happen, but it must be very rare for a 3/4 Wheaton, 1/4 grey to make that size.

Cheers.