Soft Lure Fishing

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its  a great way to fish ,travel lite and cover aload of ground,my lads all over it,all he bloody talks about lol,hes had perch,jacks,chub and some decent trout on his own , this season.. He Uses

Soft plastics are all I use for perch and pike on the canals with the bfs gear and in particular the 40mm crazyfish nimbles/supercontinent copies . I used to use it on the rivers for trout aswell but

My lad got out today after the waters had  receded on the local brook...sent me this..  

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Just took one of my lads to the tackle shop, spend some of his Xmas money...the assortment of different lures these days is mental...bought this one and a few other Rapala curly tails...DSC_5441.JPG.3ae70830386595b2a3143cfcc177dbff.JPGDSC_5442.JPG.9dcf0aa10fc9ef26e3cdffd1a743e75e.JPG

There's alot like this on a Chinese web site called temu plenty of lures and spinners on there danny pal for your youngen. Cheap but decent 

58 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

There's alot like this on a Chinese web site called temu plenty of lures and spinners on there danny pal for your youngen. Cheap but decent 

Ive got him loads of decent fishing jelly lures/hooks weighted jig heads etc off Temu mate,been all over that app since it came along 😁👍DSC_5445.JPG.f49dfc57cfcf0e9cd4bd51b5f911c95c.JPG

Rapala,savage gear,fox ,Zilla baits etc charge strong money for something you may lose on the first cast,these bottom 3 cost my boy over £55 ,out of his own cash he saved doing odd jobs... certainly not cheap these days,I think the lures are to catch the punters more than the fish😁👍

DSC_5446.JPG.0572eef27c6d5f25b985364a230409e8.JPG

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Ive got him loads of decent fishing jelly lures/hooks weighted jig heads etc off Temu mate,been all over that app since it came along 😁👍DSC_5445.JPG.f49dfc57cfcf0e9cd4bd51b5f911c95c.JPG

Rapala,savage gear,fox ,Zilla baits etc charge strong money for something you may lose on the first cast,these bottom 3 cost my boy over £55 ,out of his own cash he saved doing odd jobs... certainly not cheap these days,I think the lures are to catch the punters more than the fish😁👍

DSC_5446.JPG.0572eef27c6d5f25b985364a230409e8.JPG

True Danny but you can't tell youngens. My lad wants all the best shite. From clothing to gadgets. A bought him some head phones for his xbox from homebargins for Xmas. Didn't have a clue where they came from. He came down after using them with his older brother. And was like Cody tell Dad how good them head phones are. You can't hear no back ground noise at all can ya bro. Lol. Says Cody was saying I stink 😆 🤣 And a couldn't hear him Dad. 12 quid they cost me. He wanted to buy some that were 85 quid that his brother has got. But Cody said his headphones are no better , you can hear back ground noise. So it just shows you its all about the name of the product not quilty. " And kids go on that some adults do but more so kids. " But them bits you've bought off temu are great danny. I've got a few little bugs great for fishing for chub just abit smaller than my little finger seen a chap on youtube using them. 

• Like 1
On 27/12/2023 at 16:24, Daniel cain said:

Just took one of my lads to the tackle shop, spend some of his Xmas money...the assortment of different lures these days is mental...bought this one and a few other Rapala curly tails...DSC_5441.JPG.3ae70830386595b2a3143cfcc177dbff.JPGDSC_5442.JPG.9dcf0aa10fc9ef26e3cdffd1a743e75e.JPG

Had some fun with the SG suicide duck 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My lad got out today after the waters had  receded on the local brook...sent me this..IMG-20240105-WA0000.jpg.4ddf5ec13418c490a40fc23b9673e3b3.jpg

Brilliant stuff mate, did better than us on cheddar res , blanked 🙈

On 20/11/2023 at 17:35, walshie said:

Do you need a wire trace if you're likely to catch jack pike?

A short length of thick fluorocarbon for me, just keep your eye on it for damage. I use 25lb if I think there's pike about and down to 9lb if not.

Just now, leegreen said:

A short length of thick fluorocarbon for me, just keep your eye on it for damage. I use 25lb if I think there's pike about and down to 9lb if not.

I do the same fly fishing for Pike.

On 20/11/2023 at 18:14, mackem said:

I was fishing in Thailand years ago when a Japanese bloke turned up to fish for barramundi with a lure box on wheels like a suitcase,do you remember when Harris angling started importing the yo-Zuri and stuff,they had a huge selection of mouthwatering lures.

yes,salmon take lures,had quite a few on fake eggs this year.

107DC2D5-111C-4EDA-BBF2-7506EF07AD19.jpeg

Egg flies are well used for trout too. Fished under a bung is quite popular, it works well, but is up for ridicule by the JR Hartley types and by me depending who is using them 😄

• Sad 1
12 hours ago, leegreen said:

Egg flies are well used for trout too. Fished under a bung is quite popular, it works well, but is up for ridicule by the JR Hartley types and by me depending who is using them 😄

I would include myself under the JR Hartley type, I shall look into egg flies for next season, using roe is a fish a cast on some rivers when the run is in full flow. 

• Like 2