Non peds

10 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Kin el, Gooey!!  Might I suggest you book an appointment with specsavers?!!  😄 👍

There was definitely no greyhound on the sires side, mostly pedigree whippets.

I can’t trace any greyhound on the dams side as there isn’t that much information on the dam, that doesn’t mean there wasn’t, but at a racing weight of 32lb for a dog, I’d guess there wasn’t any greyhound or maybe very little.

Lets not forget, racing and coursing whippets back then looked considerably different to the show whippets of today.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little Mary, mid 60’s; One of the all time greats; only 23lb but would win 32lb scratch races against dogs and bitches. Sired by the pedigree whippet Bilko, but dam was bred greyhound

Max’s two young bitches; Both out of the same coursing bred bitch, but the fawn one is sired by the pure saluki, Snickers, and the black one sired by the non-ped Sky Warrior. It will b

Back on track. Perhaps the greatest non- ped stud dog, Supreme Racing Champion Good As Gold; Cheers.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

There was definitely no greyhound on the sires side, mostly pedigree whippets.

I can’t trace any greyhound on the dams side as there isn’t that much information on the dam, that doesn’t mean there wasn’t, but at a racing weight of 32lb for a dog, I’d guess there wasn’t any greyhound or maybe very little.

Lets not forget, racing and coursing whippets back then looked considerably different to the show whippets of today.

Cheers.

Agree with you, charts.

It's just the fact that whippet looks very much like most whippets would/do when their hind legs are a tad under them.

Gooey just can't help slating whippets, of any type.  👍

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Agree with you, charts.

Gooey just can't help slating whippets, of any type.  👍

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

looks more greyhoundy in the head for a start don’t it not got that runty eye bulging look of most whippets 

See!!  😄 

8 minutes ago, shaaark said:

See!!  😄 

you must know what i mean any others sighthound come out runty eyes bulging you cull 

that pup lol

whippets have full litters and it’s the norm man 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Haha 1

Little Mary, mid 60’s;

C7F02F1B-9D39-4ED2-97B5-7137D09E8723.jpeg.d9c62defdf3d81041caeb0ea7078f559.jpeg

One of the all time greats; only 23lb but would win 32lb scratch races against dogs and bitches.

Sired by the pedigree whippet Bilko, but dam was bred greyhound sire; pedigree whippet dam . A very unusual way to go.

A perfect example of what non/ped whippet breeders strived for; the size of the whippet and damn near the speed of the greyhound.

Cheers.

• Like 12
On 18/11/2023 at 16:58, chartpolski said:

Rch Kinky Boy ( Bilko x The Kink).

1D5EEDE5-8F56-4098-A7D0-F825562B1453.jpeg.9eb9495a4244b2343584e63ce5c225aa.jpeg

Racing champion on straights and bends.

I had two match races against it with one of my dogs in 1972 and beat it both times.

3F751615-5294-42C8-B4F1-FA5EFFD1BF97.jpeg.cab83ef62bc6055fb21f498449d3e306.jpeg

Decent money back then, but lost the next match race, still up over the three matches though .

Cheers.

Would that 70 pound bet be 750 in todays money 💰 

24 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Little Mary, mid 60’s;

C7F02F1B-9D39-4ED2-97B5-7137D09E8723.jpeg.d9c62defdf3d81041caeb0ea7078f559.jpeg

One of the all time greats; only 23lb but would win 32lb scratch races against dogs and bitches.

Sired by the pedigree whippet Bilko, but dam was bred greyhound sire; pedigree whippet dam . A very unusual way to go.

A perfect example of what non/ped whippet breeders strived for; the size of the whippet and damn near the speed of the greyhound.

Cheers.

Stick that one in yer pocket but obviously very successful looking at all those 🏆 

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

It was more than a weeks wages back then, I don't know what a weeks wages are now, I've been retired for almost 20 years !

Cheers.

I just googled it charts regards 70 back then converted in todays money and that's what it came up with I'm not a betting man but I bet you was smiling thar day👍

8 minutes ago, dodger said:

I just googled it charts regards 70 back then converted in todays money and that's what it came up with I'm not a betting man but I bet you was smiling thar day👍

I lost the £70 bet and won the two £54 bets then a few days later won £60 with the greyhounds on the flapping tracks, so ended the week £98 up !

Not bad for a 20 year old back then !

Cheers.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

I lost the £70 bet and won the two £54 bets then a few days later won £60 with the greyhounds on the flapping tracks, so ended the week £98 up !

Not bad for a 20 year old back then !

Cheers.

Holy shit😆 👍

• 1 month later...
On 16/11/2023 at 15:09, chartpolski said:

Wracking my brain here mate, but I seem to remember Carson being sired by Indian Joe, or the "mad moustaches " dog Bob, which was sired by Indian Joe.

All a long time ago and memory fades !

Cheers.

You are correct 

injun Joe was the sire to Wayne’s dog , bob being a saluki whippet greyhound 

he was the sire to Carson and indie  

• Like 1