Blacksmith Forge

23 minutes ago, mel b said:

The bracelet is made from a copper lightning conductor.  I've made three of them for myself,  but someone always asks if I can make one for them , so I just give them the one I'm wearing(I always was as soft as shite)😁.

I really enjoy making those saxon/viking knives . I make them from van coil springs.  Did the sycamore chopping board stand the test of time ?. I made quite a few from sycamore and lime , and quite a few from oak.

when i moved one of the boxes from the kitchen went missing...so the chopping board is nor more..

tell you what .....if i stropped one of those saxon knives you made ...i tekon i could shave with it...the blade was thin enough and hard enough to take a shaving edge,,

clever bugger you are

Edited by ditchman
  • Like 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have 3 forges, none of them cost me any money. Just a bit of time. If you don't have access to recycled/ scrap steel and fire bricks then it will cost you the price of materials. For quick bits

Little project in forge welding chain HERE

There is rumoured to be a maker of steel death on the forum .    it is said , by the people of the plains , that his axes sing as they swing through the air , that the fiercest armour cannot pr

Posted Images

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

when i moved one of the boxes from the kitchen went missing...so the chopping board is nor more..

tell you what .....if i stropped one of those saxon knives you made ...i tekon i could shave with it...the blade was thin enough and hard enough to take a shaving edge,,

clever bugger you are

If you pm me your new address,  I'll send you an oak one if you'd like . I've got a few ready for a Christmas craft fair that lins doing .

My chef stepson , told me that the herb chopping knives , shouldn't be too sharp . He reckons that a blunter knife , sort of crushes the herbs as you're chopping,  and releases more smell/flavour.

I'd love to be able to make an open razor. Not that I ever really shave , I'm a right tramp 😄 .

• Like 1