Big cats

Iv been watching loads of vids on utube about big cats in England 

Now some of the vids are quite convincing but you would think if any one was going to come across one it would be us lot out hunting at night or in day light we are out most nights and days

But in all the days iv been out shooting iv never come across one or any thing near it 

Mind if I did I would not stand and video it on my phone with a air rifle on my back even if it was a 243 I'd be off lol

Your thoughts on it or have you seen anything like it 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

One night i thought i saw something like a donkey crossing the field in front of us but when we got there their was no sign of it or any hoof prints , then one night i smelled mint like somebody was eating polos next to us just coming out a wood and into the fields i went back the next day to see if there was any mint , wild garlic but there was none at night your mind plays loads of tricks on you never mind seeing a big cat . But i suppose every bodies heard of some one who shot one and buried it because it wasnt on there ticket ??. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Plenty posts on here about the subject ...

Done to death and still no evidence. 

That's what I mean fh

You would think we would see something when we were out 

I try not to think of it 

Or I'd not go out lol

But you would think one would of attacked some one at some point 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

I was in one of my squirrel permission, not shooting, but taking  the lab for a walk .  She was chasing squirrels, deer  and pheasant like she normally did  suddenly both of us spotted this black animal about 40 yards away ,definitely not a dog or she would’ve gone to it , but she stayed by my side with her coat up on her back and whining  like I never heard her before . 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, villaman said:

I was in one of my squirrel permission, not shooting, but taking  the lab for a walk .  She was chasing squirrels, deer  and pheasant like she normally did  suddenly both of us spotted this black animal about 40 yards away ,definitely not a dog or she would’ve gone to it , but she stayed by my side with her coat up on her back and whining  like I never heard her before . 

You turn and walk the other way mitch 🤣

I no I would of pritty smart ish 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Hi Jimmy very interesting subject, I listen to these podcasts they are brilliant .... 

BIGCATCONVERSATIONS.COM

Just another WordPress site

Refs and links....

BIGCATCONVERSATIONS.COM

Episode 84 is very good have a listen and look at the thermal videos on Refs and links page ep.84

• Like 1
On 26/10/2023 at 22:26, BEARINATOR said:

If they are out there what we using lads .22 v ..177 or the bigger ones?

Good thread on the other section with for and against evidence 

Depends what I take on the night 

But in the end it's just a air rifle 

And not capable of harming a big cat be better off throwing the rifle at it 🤣🤣🤣

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

• Like 1
11 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Depends what I take on the night 

But in the end it's just a air rifle 

And not capable of harming a big cat be better off throwing the rifle at it 🤣🤣🤣

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

Jimmy , your better of throwing it at the rabbits when your out shooting 😂😂

• Haha 2
  • 4 months later...

Seen 1 one night out lamping when I was 15 now I’m 54 and can still remember it like yesterday.At the time it was a big thing on the tv about the Durham puma.There was 4 of us 1 was a adult man his son and sons mate,I’m not bothered who believes me or not as 4 of us can’t come up with the same story and I put it down to the right place right time.

• Like 4

I've seen some wonderful wildlife moments like badgers and deer with their little fawns at dawn and dusk shoots. But never once saw a large cat like a panther. That's not to say they don't exist in the wild in the country. So who can say what they have seen? 

Haven't heard if any lambs or sheep have ever been killed for food by one. They might have been an obvious food source for a large predator at large.