Updated pics of young cattle dog x

On 21/11/2023 at 20:13, taffey said:

Not 1 for measuring dogs really but I will throw tape on him weekend I’d say 24 tts ish Atb taffey 

No worries my bitch is 20 inch 

I had her out today ferreting by her self no distraction with other dogs and she is getting cleverer by the day so switched on.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, bird said:

looks nice keen, clever them acd dogs and tough with it , spot on for mooching in the day etc .

They are Been getting  some good bags with mine just working the reeds had over 100  in 4 days out  with my we acd and young beddy cross  dogs shaping up well ferret girl 

Edited by nothernlite
  • Like 5
On 27/11/2023 at 20:16, taffey said:

image.jpg.9925fc854dd5d63573e4497153651171.jpgimage.jpg.9925fc854dd5d63573e4497153651171.jpgthis fat f..k on a diet 30 kgs now will get tape on him soon your bitch obviously lighter boned a nice shape to her already 👍

I haven't weight her but she is a fat lump and iv never seen a dog eat as fast as her you would think its her last meal need to get a slow feeding bowl slow her down 

6 hours ago, ferretgirl29 said:

I haven't weight her but she is a fat lump and iv never seen a dog eat as fast as her you would think its her last meal need to get a slow feeding bowl slow her down 

how would that work then ? just curious  how it be done. never had any dog like that, the only breeds i know that eat for England  are fooken Labs, there greedy animals . how much you feeding the dog, maybe it  not getting enough , so wolfs it down  just thought. plus  acd dogs in pure form are small stocky dogs anyway , even if sighthound  ion the acd prob strong gene , all my lurchers eat  fairly quick when younger, but slowed up as they got older .!  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bird said:

how would that work then ? just curious  how it be done. never had any dog like that, the only breeds i know that eat for England  are fooken Labs, there greedy animals . how much you feeding the dog, maybe it  not getting enough , so wolfs it down  just thought. plus  acd dogs in pure form are small stocky dogs anyway , even if sighthound  ion the acd prob strong gene , all my lurchers eat  fairly quick when younger, but slowed up as they got older .!  

There’s a picture of the dog above it’s definitely not underfed, some sighthounds can be as greedy as any other breed I’ve seen greyhounds & whippets that would nearly knock their front teeth out they went in to a food bowl that fast

• Like 1
On 27/11/2023 at 20:16, taffey said:

image.jpg.9925fc854dd5d63573e4497153651171.jpgimage.jpg.9925fc854dd5d63573e4497153651171.jpgthis fat f..k on a diet 30 kgs now will get tape on him soon your bitch obviously lighter boned a nice shape to her already 👍

🤔I wouldn't worry too much about diets and suchlike,....a young work dog needs all the good grub that you can get into it....👍

Facts are,.with certain hybrids,...some in a litter will often throw chunky, its just the way it goes, and nothing will turn a cloddy type into a sleek gazehound....😉

When folks choose to keep such crossbred curs,..they had best keep this firmly in mind, and fully realise, the physical limitations of their charges....

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5