Let go of my dog…….

I approached one some years back to try to get a photo. We were in a sanctuary and there were signs to keep to the paths as the Roo's can be a bit unpredictable sometimes. I spotted a big one kipping in the shade of a shrub and thought I would creep over and get a pic of it. Fcuking thing heard me and got up so I took a hurried shot and backtracked. Just after the photo it stood right up and showed it's chest, would like to have got a pic but was busy going backwards. He was impressive.

Bit later, similar situation with a group of them, tried the same tactic but they all got up and I thought better of it.

DSC_0081.JPG.87c6a7c6f35a6e2b1da4d07bcf688378.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG.d67c8832d11c1b822362f4e8485a56a4.JPG

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Chaff said:

They are good eating I've had a few steaks are they on the menu every where out there anyone know.

You're right, they are good eating. You can generally get fresh Roo steaks at the local supermarkets and butchers. Used to buy them for the BBQ.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, waltjnr said:

Bet the aisians would go for the joey still in the pouch ,like a boil in the bag ! Then throw the rest ! 

Just a larger version of the Chinese “three squeak” dish.