Channel 4 alone

Early days but I have been watching this series and find the contestants absolutely pathetic, one lad seemed to have a bit about him but mentally was weak and tapped out, anyways rather that sit here shouting at the telly I have decided to give it a go and have sent off an application form to be on the next series, watch this space lol hopefully lots of piss taking opportunity’s to come if I get accepted 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Is it in Canada? A mate of mine got through to the final cut, went away on a trial did months of interviews and tests. He's actually a good switched on lad and bang into his bushcraft and all that firefighting and shelter building bollocks. His opinion is those who would do well on it are cut out and only those who will make good TV get through. In fairness he is a bit of a flat boring cnut so that's probably true. 

You need to show your eccentric side in the interview Greyman 👍 

Tell em about all the big cats you have tracked down in the UK and you will defo smash it 😉👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Is it in Canada? A mate of mine got through to the final cut, went away on a trial did months of interviews and tests. He's actually a good switched on lad and bang into his bushcraft and all that firefighting and shelter building bollocks. His opinion is those who would do well on it are cut out and only those who will make good TV get through. In fairness he is a bit of a flat boring cnut so that's probably true. 

Tell em about all the big cats you have tracked down in the UK and you will defo smash it 😉👍

I saw one filmed in Canada a few weeks ago,brutal temperatures,the first one to jack did so after 8 days,Californian guy with perfectly manicured hair and matching beard,he was crying on day 7 as he missed his family.The ones who stuck it out longest were laid-back and knew the game,not eccentrics at all,the winner was a geezer,killed a moose then when a wolverine came for his moose he killed it with an axe (you see it’s guts where he whacked it across the side),temps were down to -40’s but he was snug as a bug in a rug,the lady who I thought would win was in it for the long haul was airlifted out due to severe weight loss,she was a bag of bones after 7 or 8 weeks,the lake was frozen solid so no fishing,but she was still game to continue.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Funny you say that as I have applied in the past for other similar shows but a friend of mine that does freelance work for the tv  helps people like Jeremy Wade look like he knows what he’s doing etc he has a host of experience, walked the amazon years ago and still goes up to Canada in his 70s to follow the ice melt in a canoe etc always told me, they don’t want anybody that is likely to survive well but look for those that make the best tv as you say so probably some truth in what your mate says, but the only things your guaranteed to fail at are those you never try so let’s kick the can and see we’re it goes 👍

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, mackem said:

I saw one filmed in Canada a few weeks ago,brutal temperatures,the first one to jack did so after 8 days,Californian guy with perfectly manicured hair and matching beard,he was crying on day 7 as he missed his family.The ones who stuck it out longest were laid-back and knew the game,not eccentrics at all,the winner was a geezer,killed a moose then when a wolverine came for his moose he killed it with an axe (you see it’s guts where he whacked it across the side),temps were down to -40’s but he was snug as a bug in a rug,the lady who I thought would win was in it for the long haul was airlifted out due to severe weight loss,she was a bag of bones after 7 or 8 weeks,the lake was frozen solid so no fishing,but she was still game to continue.

Remember watching a documentary on wolverines they a vicious fuckers they were taking a sled dog a week caused some right trouble 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Early days but I have been watching this series and find the contestants absolutely pathetic, one lad seemed to have a bit about him but mentally was weak and tapped out, anyways rather that sit here shouting at the telly I have decided to give it a go and have sent off an application form to be on the next series, watch this space lol hopefully lots of piss taking opportunity’s to come if I get accepted 

I’ve been watching it a few years now and some of the previous ones have been really good a woman won a series a while back she was very good, this bunch of UK contestants are as you say an embarrassment the guy who tapped out last night I said to the Mrs he hasn’t got it upstairs he could fish build a shelter ect but you could tell he was mentally weak, I’d like to see the bloke with the long hair win it it’s definitely not gonna be won wrapped up hiding in a sleeping bag, I’d like to give it a go but I wouldn’t be entertaining and couldn’t be arsed recording it all which they have to do.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Remember watching a documentary on wolverines they a vicious fuckers they were taking a sled dog a week caused some right trouble 

Wolverine have a reputation,but the guy finished it with his axe,moral of the story never take a wolverine to an axe fight.

• Haha 4
26 minutes ago, mackem said:

Is this the one Mac??

I listened to him on Joe Rogans podcast.. we'll worth a listen.  Jordan Jonas is his name and he won that series. Remember him saying he was quite a lean guy naturally and he was drinking lots of olive oli daily leading up to the event to pack some weight on to give him a head start against hunger and the low temps!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Is this the one Mac??

I listened to him on Joe Rogans podcast.. we'll worth a listen.  Jordan Jonas is his name and he won that series. Remember him saying he was quite a lean guy naturally and he was drinking lots of olive oli daily leading up to the event to pack some weight on to give him a head start against hunger and the low temps!!

That’s him mate,he was skinny/lean,he wasn’t like some of them,stood out because he was almost reserved,I didn’t know he was on Joe Rogan,I shall watch that.The Brit show is filmed in sask where Ted Newgent who used to post on the forum now lives.There was another Alone type show years ago,Scottish? Guy dropped in Northern Canada and left alone,had to be rescued as he ended up starving?

• Like 2

This is probably one of the best series I’ve watched on Discovery, Clemens Gabriel is the captain and at the end of the expedition through the north west passage he was appealing for volunteers for his next venture.

WWW.INFINITYEXPEDITION.ORG

Infinity Expedition - A transcendental sea-journey to four cardinal points on Earth - The North, the South, the East and the West.

2 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

This is probably one of the best series I’ve watched on Discovery, Clemens Gabriel is the captain and at the end of the expedition through the north west passage he was appealing for volunteers for his next venture.

WWW.INFINITYEXPEDITION.ORG

Infinity Expedition - A transcendental sea-journey to four cardinal points on Earth - The North, the South, the East and the West.

That would certainly separate the men from the boys.

• Like 1