I believe United utilities.... previously northwest water are pulling all there shooting leases. This is an organisation that once employed its own gamekeepers. Even twenty years ago it played a massive active role alongside private shooting tenants. 

I honestly think social media is having a devastating impact on every country sport and pastime that involves the death of an animal. It seems to me these companies and organisations that own land are pandering to public opinion voiced on a lot of social media platforms. 

• Like 9

9 major grouse moors. Numerous smaller ones. Loads of pheasant shoots and rough shoots, there's 3 within a few miles of my house.

Holcombe hunt, Pennine hunt and the fell packs affected as well. 

• Sad 5
3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

9 major grouse moors. Numerous smaller ones. Loads of pheasant shoots and rough shoots, there's 3 within a few miles of my house.

Makes me heart sink, look around for the answer, kids on social media attached to a phone 24/7…..Public brainwashed that all meat comes in a packet from M & S…..nobody can cook anymore. …..the list goes on…….it will all go to ratshit…..enjoy it while you can   

• Like 5
9 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

The chief executive is a big shooting man as well 

He’s gone and a woke, anti has taken over and moved her team in. The antis have got at them ??

fishing will be next 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, cragman said:

He’s gone and a woke, anti has taken over and moved her team in. The antis have got at them ??

fishing will be next 

Year's ago I thought fishing would never be affected by the cranks and lunatics that would have everything banned including horse and dog racing now I think it's becoming more likely as the same cranks views seem to be getting a stronger foothold due again to social media platforms. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Year's ago I thought fishing would never be affected by the cranks and lunatics that would have everything banned including horse and dog racing now I think it's becoming more likely as the same cranks views seem to be getting a stronger foothold due again to social media platforms. 

The only reason its not been attacked like other feildsports so far, is because the government have  used it over the yrs to  promote mental health and well being...was the first/only thing you could do when that covid shit came about ?I love my fishing personally,but I am a dogman first and foremost( fishing filled my time when my dogs was knocked up or waiting for the season to start)...ive always said they would eventually stop it ,same way as the hunting with dogs...I honestly believe they have been  actively polluting our rivers and seas for decades,telling us its not safe to eat/swim etc for them to tighten their hold and ban everything that stops us being able to feed ourselves and not be relient on the state...it will be gone before i end my days in this country ?

• Like 5
On 21/07/2023 at 11:06, DIDO.1 said:

The reason the Pennies travel about the country so much is cos they used to have a lot of ground on the water board land until they banned hunting.

Do you know any of the Pennine lads Dido? PM if you like.

Cheers, D.

9 minutes ago, dytkos said:

The reason the Pennies travel about the country so much is cos they used to have a lot of ground on the water board land until they banned hunting.

Do you know any of the Pennine lads Dido? PM if you like.

Cheers, D.

Yeah I know them. I started hunting with the Pennine. Been hunting in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales with the pfh 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, cragman said:

I follow the Pennine, have done for 25 years or more. 

I've not done much with them for the last few years, but I'd think we would know each others faces then

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I've not done much with them for the last few years, but I'd think we would know each others faces then

Ditto, if you've been with them to Devon and Cornwall.

Cheers, D 

• Like 2