I'm not a mechanic in any way. So don't laugh at my stupidity.

Left the quad with fuel in last night, tonight it's empty. It did start mind so not completely empty. Fuel is pissing out of a fuel line from bottom of carburettor, it's still running fine though. Can't for the life of me see what the pipe should connect to. 

Thinking about it now I'm wondering if it's the reserve fuel line? 

Anyone know? Birds coming Friday and cows got in the wood last night, smashed some Hopper's and ruined all the electric fence round the pen. Heads gone tonight ?

IMG-20230703-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20230703-WA0016.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could be the float in the carb sticking up and not shutting fuel off.  

Looks like the drain pipe for when u want to drain the carbs , as said float could be stuck 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Left the quad with fuel in last night, tonight it's empty. It did start mind so not completely empty. Fuel is pissing out of a fuel line from bottom of carburettor, it's still running fine though. Can't for the life of me see what the pipe should connect to. 

Anyone know? Birds coming Friday and cows got in the wood last night, smashed some Hopper's and ruined all the electric fence round the pen. Heads gone tonight ?

IMG-20230703-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20230703-WA0016.jpg

thats the over flow pipe that dosen't connect to anything, it just hangs down through to the floor, it sounds like your float needle isn't shutting of your fuel...take the float bowl off of the bottom and check the float is closing the float needle and the float itself is in good shape....then make sure the float needle is seated right in the hole....could have some crapin the float needle hole that the fuel is not shutting off allowing the fuel to keep running..... 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Perfect, sounds right. Been told your supposed to shut off fuel before transporting... which we didn't. 

Cheers lads ?

A good habit to get in..is when you park the quad up turn the petrol tap off and let the quad tick over until it runs out of petrol and stops running..

When you want to use it the petrol will only take a few seconds to fill the float bowl before you start it..it will save the petrol leaving a varnish on the jets etc..

And as said above the float is sticking down hence the petrol keeps flowing..

• Like 3

So easy enough to take bottom of bowl off? Give it a poke and clean?

Could do without a big garage bill, the Mrs doesn't know how much money I've already spunked on this shoot. She keeps asking why our family holiday is camping again 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

So easy enough to take bottom of bowl off? Give it a poke and clean?

Could do without a big garage bill, the Mrs doesn't know how much money I've already spunked on this shoot. She keeps asking why our family holiday is camping again 

Undo the flat head screw on the air filter side and the head side flat head screw..unscrew the top of the carb where the throttle cable goes in..remove the whole carb and take the bottom bowl off on a clean bench..

Hold the carb up when the bowl is removed and gently push the floats up and let go..you want to see if there's any resistance to stop the floats going up..

Something is stopping them rising could be a small piece of grit..or some floats are hollow plastic on Hondas and can fill with petrol so they will stay at the bottom and not rise up..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

IMG-20230703-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20230703-WA0016.jpg

Is That King Charles in the picture ? 

72B1CFB6-812C-4881-A243-112D5586F8D0.jpeg

• Haha 3

I could just do with using it this week before risking taking it apart and fckin it up. It shouldn't leak while running should it? And also if I just switch petrol off while parked it shouldn't drain over night? Ultimately will I damage it just using it this week?