On 10/08/2023 at 14:02, paulus said:

Duramitex  There was a bloke on here a few years ago who was importing it from Australia. 

Taz I think it was 2020 was selling the imported stuff, it contained bromiadolone(sp) which is the active ingredient banned in the uk but apparently you can still get greenhouse pesticides which contain it.

That exzolt is meant to be good.

22 hours ago, gnipper said:

Taz I think it was 2020 was selling the imported stuff, it contained bromiadolone(sp) which is the active ingredient banned in the uk but apparently you can still get greenhouse pesticides which contain it.

That exzolt is meant to be good.

bromadiolone is the active ingredient in most rat poisons used today but this is due to be banned in July next year. I do believe, 

47 minutes ago, paulus said:

bromadiolone is the active ingredient in most rat poisons used today but this is due to be banned in July next year. I do believe, 

I might be getting it mixed up then unless it was in both? They definitely took the good bit out if duramitex though. 

3 minutes ago, gnipper said:

I might be getting it mixed up then unless it was in both? They definitely took the good bit out if duramitex though. 

Original Duramitex was an organophosphate, basically nerve agent dangerous to man ,

22 hours ago, gnipper said:

Malathion I've just had a quick google, I think its still available in nit lotion though so feck knows why we can't use it on stock.

Might buy some nit lotion and dilute it down into a spray bottle after moult when a move birds out. Even though I've not seen no mite still give bird room a spray down and smoke bomb. 

23 hours ago, gnipper said:

Malathion I've just had a quick google, I think its still available in nit lotion though so feck knows why we can't use it on stock.

24 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Might buy some nit lotion and dilute it down into a spray bottle after moult when a move birds out. Even though I've not seen no mite still give bird room a spray down and smoke bomb. 

From my reckoning. Then  Benzyl benzoate should do the same job, it causes paralysis in lice and mice the same as Duramitex did, You use to be able to buy 500mm bottles over the counter at most Chemists. If this proves to different then check out cures for sweet itch in horses at the local country store. They will probably contain Benzyl Benzoate.  

1 hour ago, vfr400boy said:

Since iv been using ivermectin twice a year n Damascus ( how ever you spell it) earth  iv not had any bother with mights 

diatomaceous earth

WWW.CHICKENCOOPSANDHOUSES.CO.UK

Diatomaceous Earth is one solution to keep your chickens red mite free, ensuring that they are healthy...

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, paddyluke said:

diatomaceous earth

WWW.CHICKENCOOPSANDHOUSES.CO.UK

Diatomaceous Earth is one solution to keep your chickens red mite free, ensuring that they are healthy...

I got a 15kg sack of it 2 years ago and still must have 5kg left it goes a long way I use this stuff 2 

20230814_210540.jpg