On 11/06/2023 at 13:41, Dark knight said:

Used to get sheep dip me and lads that go out with used to dip the lot of our dogs with them all being together Carnt even get that now and you go in vets for simple things and they won’t do nothing without bringing dog in so they can weigh it themselves then consultation £50 for simple things like wormers and tick and flea stuff there a joke hard to find decent vet now I refuse to get my own dogs weighed and pay £50 or more for them to do that fck that 

I called in to to one of the vets near me to buy a worming tablet expecting to be able to buy at the counter and away, receptionist said I would have to talk with one of the vets in a consultation room who then went on to tell me when and how to worm a dog, couldn't believe it, I walked out and went to the other vets down the road, boy was I gunning (well sort of gunning, maybe more gurning), stuck up gunts must have thought I was a right feckin paraffin you know?, just buy online these days from pet drugs online, Viovet etc

• Like 1

On 11/06/2023 at 13:41, Dark knight said:

Used to get sheep dip me and lads that go out with used to dip the lot of our dogs with them all being together Carnt even get that now and you go in vets for simple things and they won’t do nothing without bringing dog in so they can weigh it themselves then consultation £50 for simple things like wormers and tick and flea stuff there a joke hard to find decent vet now I refuse to get my own dogs weighed and pay £50 or more for them to do that fck that 

i don’t have none of that f***ing about you get wormers flea stuff on repeat prescription i use advocate and a drontal 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1

Same here, you just call in and buy wormers (Milbemax/Milprazon) over the counter. The time before last, they did ask to check weights, but there was no extra charge and it was the first time in years

• Like 1

The conditions you keep your dogs in has as much to do with flee control as anything else. if they can dig a hole in the dirt or sand and lay around in it expect a big flee problem,  I keep mine on concrete and they get to lie around on the lawn in the sun when im home.