Peregrine falcon taxidermy..

12 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d be in that all day rather than the Volvo d cats mate , you’re likely much more analytically eyed ? , ti be honest I haven’t the patience to make a living in the dozer. Fair play to you 

I prefer a dozer than a 360 mate..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just tracking past now kieth. Can see 1 chick looking out another 5 mins he will have the sun on him..

There was 1 breeding pair in the quarry last year who raised 3 chick's.. This year there's 3 nests. 1 nest hatched the end of last week.. This adult seemed to have drowned in a large wheel w

Professional hand gliding instructor 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Years ago I spent a month in a quarry ,wickwar ,on a 50 ton rock ripper .Was something new for a day or two then it became a chore .Is there a cam on the peregrines nest mate ?

No cameras on the nests mate..

The peregrines eat a lot of pigeons ontop of the bunds and rock traps..leaving the stripped out carcass.

The fox's have clicked onto this and fox prints can be seen on every one. where they have walked the length of the bunds looking for the carcass..

There's 100,s of crows nesting in cracks in the rock face..last years young seemed to be practicing there hunting techniques on the young crows.

They never ate the crows though..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

i remember and enjoyed that post King, of those peregrines nesting in the quarry 

I'm just tracking past now kieth.

Can see 1 chick looking out another 5 mins he will have the sun on him..

20230515_061311.jpg.aab93b295a605a5b2b4dad1a224d647f.jpg20230515_061327.jpg.e8f2cbb2ada7fd25caf854960ca1f361.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Yes mate ,I watch that daily .Brilliant tbh .

There's an osprey nest live cam from North Wales aswell mate..easy to find on the net..

• Like 1
6 hours ago, king said:

There's an osprey nest live cam from North Wales aswell mate..easy to find on the net..

Cheers mate . Might have  got you all wrong in the past . Today you have stepped into the light . 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Nothings happening when i click on that does it need something more technical ?.....be interested to see it.

It's on YouTube if you can't get it through that link.

• Like 1

Taxidermists have to be really careful that none of the rare animals or birds they are given have been shot or poisoned. Pellet wounds are not always obvious on a dead bird, but if a taxidermist  is raided and found in possession of  a rare  bird which has been shot. Its the end of his livelihood.

A friend of mine does taxidermy. The police on night shift often used to bring him fresh carcases of birds and animals killed on the motorway. Then one morning  the police arrived in numbers, with a warrant to search his freezers etc.  No amount of explaining that the majority of his mounts had been given him by the police would satisfy them. Anyway they found nothing. He reckons a guy he'd had a row with had set him up.

• Sad 2
4 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Taxidermists have to be really careful that none of the rare animals or birds they are given have been shot or poisoned. Pellet wounds are not always obvious on a dead bird, but if a taxidermist  is raided and found in possession of  a rare  bird which has been shot. Its the end of his livelihood.

A friend of mine does taxidermy. The police on night shift often used to bring him fresh carcases of birds and animals killed on the motorway. Then one morning  the police arrived in numbers, with a warrant to search his freezers etc.  No amount of explaining that the majority of his mounts had been given him by the police would satisfy them. Anyway they found nothing. He reckons a guy he'd had a row with had set him up.

There’s a shop in Islington called Get Stuffed,the owner did a spell in nick for selling protected species I think?I was lucky enough to do a day in Kathmandu with the taxidermist when he worked on a pangolin.

• Haha 1
On 12/05/2023 at 20:46, king said:

1 of the lads In work found a dead peregrine falcon in the lorry wheel wash tank today..looks like its drowned as no injurys etc..

I put it in the chest freezer a few hrs ago..what sort of rough price range would it cost to mount it..

Hope you got the blowdrier out before you put him in the freezer lad. Not good freezing anything wet.