Peregrine falcon taxidermy..

1 of the lads In work found a dead peregrine falcon in the lorry wheel wash tank today..looks like its drowned as no injurys etc..

I put it in the chest freezer a few hrs ago..what sort of rough price range would it cost to mount it..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just tracking past now kieth. Can see 1 chick looking out another 5 mins he will have the sun on him..

There was 1 breeding pair in the quarry last year who raised 3 chick's.. This year there's 3 nests. 1 nest hatched the end of last week.. This adult seemed to have drowned in a large wheel w

Professional hand gliding instructor 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, king said:

1 of the lads In work found a dead peregrine falcon in the lorry wheel wash tank today..looks like its drowned as no injurys etc..

I put it in the chest freezer a few hrs ago..what sort of rough price range would it cost to mount it..

Elle Kaye taxidermy…..

The laws concerning the purchase or possession of natural history specimens can be a little confusing. Should you come across a protected dead wild creature (ie. everything except game birds shot in season and certain pest species) and wish to have it preserved, you must consider how the subject met its death.

Once you are satisfied that the cause of death was not illegal, make a note of all circumstances surrounding the death then contact your taxidermist.  If you are unable to ascertain the cause, the information you have can help your taxidermist to decide if your specimen can be mounted.

The taxidermist must have this information to hand if it is requested by an authorised person.

17 minutes ago, paulus said:

The laws concerning the purchase or possession of natural history specimens can be a little confusing. Should you come across a protected dead wild creature (ie. everything except game birds shot in season and certain pest species) and wish to have it preserved, you must consider how the subject met its death.

Once you are satisfied that the cause of death was not illegal, make a note of all circumstances surrounding the death then contact your taxidermist.  If you are unable to ascertain the cause, the information you have can help your taxidermist to decide if your specimen can be mounted.

The taxidermist must have this information to hand if it is requested by an authorised person.

There was 1 breeding pair in the quarry last year who raised 3 chick's..

This year there's 3 nests. 1 nest hatched the end of last week..

This adult seemed to have drowned in a large wheel wash open topped water tank..wether it was having a drink or a bath I don't know.there isn't a mark on it..the eyes were clear and bright it can't of been in there long I don't think..

I put my 1 month notice in at work so a week Wednesday I'm finished there..I really enjoyed watching them chick's mature last year..so maybe it will be nice to get it mounted mate..

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

i remember and enjoyed that post King, of those peregrines nesting in the quarry 

There's 1 nest only 1 bench up from the haul Road kieth 8mtrs..

I will get a few pics for you next week mate..

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

What are you going onto mate?

Back on a dozer i think mate..

Spending 10hrs a day for a few weeks at a time pecking isn't much fun to be honest..

Be glad not to see this 336 again lol.

20220819_165756.jpg.320f46a16152bf6e5ef13e4307f253c8.jpg

• Like 3
Just now, king said:

Back on a dozer i think mate..

Spending 10hrs a day for a few weeks at a time pecking isn't much fun to be honest..

Be glad not to see this 336 again lol.

20220819_165756.jpg.320f46a16152bf6e5ef13e4307f253c8.jpg

I’d be in that all day rather than the Volvo d cats mate , you’re likely much more analytically eyed ? , ti be honest I haven’t the patience to make a living in the dozer. Fair play to you