Anyone watching the snooker ?

2 hours ago, Stavross said:

I turned the selby game off last night, he’s proper boring to watch, it’s like watching Peter Ebdon back in the 90’s

The most inapt nick name in sport; “The Jester From Leicester “.

Hes about as funny as toothache….

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most inapt nick name in sport; “The Jester From Leicester “. Hes about as funny as toothache…. Cheers.

Ebdon was an unbelievable tactical player, but would never take a risk, I think one of the best to watch is Mark Williams because he doesn’t seem bothered about losing the match and will take on some

I turned the selby game off last night, he’s proper boring to watch, it’s like watching Peter Ebdon back in the 90’s

I'm not keen on the disjointed way matches are played, perhaps 2 matches in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and maybe another 2 in the evening, with different players!!!!

I obviously get sessions are needed, by why can't matches be played to completion, rather than having others in between.

Am I getting mixed up, I like the Worlds but I don't recall it like this before!!!

In fairness to O Sullivan he seems to have matured the last few years he could of really gone to town over that caper with the Iranian geezer but acted like a gentleman fair do's....in full flow its hard to see anyone beating him but as mentioned already that Selby is some match player....boring as f**k to watch but knows how to win a game....just watching John Higgins right now id like to see him do well he's always been consistent.

7 minutes ago, Deker said:

I'm not keen on the disjointed way matches are played, perhaps 2 matches in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and maybe another 2 in the evening, with different players!!!!

I obviously get sessions are needed, by why can't matches be played to completion, rather than having others in between.

Am I getting mixed up, I like the Worlds but I don't recall it like this before!!!

Think its always been like that they sell tickets by the session rather than the match...whether thats anything to do with it i dont know.

44 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

In fairness to O Sullivan he seems to have matured the last few years he could of really gone to town over that caper with the Iranian geezer but acted like a gentleman fair do's....in full flow its hard to see anyone beating him but as mentioned already that Selby is some match player....boring as f**k to watch but knows how to win a game....just watching John Higgins right now id like to see him do well he's always been consistent.

Higgins is on top form, it’s looking like a Higgins/Selby quarter final, I hope Higgins batters him

13 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Higgins is on top form, it’s looking like a Higgins/Selby quarter final, I hope Higgins batters him

No question Higgins is playing some good snooker!

Ronnie has done well and played well, but not at full pace yet, I think he has another gear to come.

Can't deny, I have found a number of matches rather boring, perhaps the money/professionalism these days, but the tournament doesn't seem to have the spark I look forward to!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Deker said:

No question Higgins is playing some good snooker!

Ronnie has done well and played well, but not at full pace yet, I think he has another gear to come.

Can't deny, I have found a number of matches rather boring, perhaps the money/professionalism these days, but the tournament doesn't seem to have the spark I look forward to!

lots more players chasing the prize pot now than years ago, when it was more of a closed shop players could take risks and still be certain of earning a good living, not sure if any of the modern players are as good at playing doubles off the cush as they were years ago mind, maybe as they are so risk averse they don`t practice those shots enough

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, neil82 said:

lots more players chasing the prize pot now than years ago, when it was more of a closed shop players could take risks and still be certain of earning a good living, not sure if any of the modern players are as good at playing doubles off the cush as they were years ago mind, maybe as they are so risk averse they don`t practice those shots enough

That’s why I like watching Williams, he takes them shots, O’Sullivan will take them shots but is a bit more risk averse but that’s got him where he is, the likes of Trump, selby and Robertson are straight match players and can be very boring to watch 

7 hours ago, Stavross said:

That’s why I like watching Williams, he takes them shots, O’Sullivan will take them shots but is a bit more risk averse but that’s got him where he is, the likes of Trump, selby and Robertson are straight match players and can be very boring to watch 

I'd go with that, but here we are talking a lot about the old school, O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams.

They are playing well, I was sorry to see Williams go out!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Deker said:

I'd go with that, but here we are talking a lot about the old school, O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams.

They are playing well, I was sorry to see Williams go out!

I think neil82 hit the nail on the head, more newer players are chasing the prize pot now and why wouldn’t you, it’s a lot of prize money now but it leads to some dull games, when I started watching it with my old man Alex Higgins was always pis*ed and jimmy white used to powder his nose 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Higgins looked good last night. Good to see him and Ronnie still competing after 20 odd years on the circuit 

After 31 years!!!!!

It was the class of '92

O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams all turned pro in 1992!

:good:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Stavross said:

I think neil82 hit the nail on the head, more newer players are chasing the prize pot now and why wouldn’t you, it’s a lot of prize money now but it leads to some dull games, when I started watching it with my old man Alex Higgins was always pis*ed and jimmy white used to powder his nose 

And Bill Werbeniuk was downing 2 pints per frame ?

Must admit i quite enjoy watching a good safety exchange it becomes a mental battle of first little mistake or who has the balls to take a risk i think Ronnie has cracked that side of the game recently he doesnt take long in his decision making either,thats when it becomes a drag the Ebdons of today or Thorburn of old they're hard to watch.