Scope reticule question.

Yesterday l helped a customer's son zero his air rifle .

He'd been given the gun- a really heavy Air Arms sidelever thing- but said he didn't  think the scope was right because the cross hairs in the scope were different from the ones in the computer games he played. That's  the modern generation for you!

They had me confused too.

They were set diagonally and way off target .

Turning the scope in its mounts gave a "proper" sight picture and with some twiddling we were pretty much getting same hole groups at his intended garden squirrel range of ten or twelve yards .

The only thing was the adjustment turrets were now angled like ears on top of the scope!

Have l missed something ? Is the scope damaged or wrongly assembled or is it some weird design?

The scope is a Nikko Sterling ,I  can't  remember which model.

I hope the before and after sketch helps illustrate what l'm trying to describe.20230406_071919.jpg.e2702ae7036b5977ece4ce1e4b0f9639.jpg

Edited by comanche

On 12/04/2023 at 17:12, philpot said:

Well I have never seen any scope like this and I think it is what is technically known as fcuked............................time for a new scope me thinks.

Phil

I did think that. ??

On 12/04/2023 at 17:28, paulus said:

The lens containing the cross hairs has moved, On older scopes this can be sorted by unscrewing the cap off the back of the lens. 

Thanks! I'll tell him?

• 2 weeks later...

as above the scope is gone get a new one  , my brother had a similar problem with a scope . I did have a little look inside  but gave up , you could have a look and find what is loose . You may be lucky but I will say it wont hold the zero as it is .