Back to sub 12

4 minutes ago, Deker said:

He either has cover for this or he doesn't, if he does, they can't refuse him simply because others are in the same position!!!????

????? What same position, having FAC revoked and not being told why??????

He HAS £20k legal cover and they said they cannot help, accept it and apply again in a few years..............

'Same position' being license revoked all over the country.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure this helps any Phil but I`ve let the shot guns go, kept the shot gun licence and gone " forward " to sub 12 shooting only.                   For me, I find sub 12 makes you hunt correctl

My close shooting buddy has had his shotgun and firearms licenses revoked and after a number of calls is not fully aware of the reason, with this in mind, his guns including his pride and joy, FX Crow

The law is a mess  all I can think with that lad without knowing the story is it was revoked for a violent or firearms offence  the lad I know had them revoked for a domestic incident and wa

I won’t get into a big debate on this because people have there own thoughts on it, but this is something that really interests me and I’ve read a lot about the legal side of things 

when people say they have to give you a reason for revoking your tickets, they don’t, you don’t have any right to possess a firearm in this country, if you ask for a reason they can say they don’t consider you suitable to possess a firearm, it can be something as simple as someone ringing the police and saying they are concerned about your behaviour and you have guns, the public have a right to be protected and to feel safe so the police are duty bound to act, that phone call could be out of spite but makes no difference, as for insurance, most of it means nothing because of your lack of rights to own firearms 

I’d always say do your best not to be a bellend and always try to be nice to people because all it takes is that one phone call and you could find yourself in the same situation as Phil’s mate through no fault of your own 

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Deker said:

That needs more detail, because "fundamentally" ANYONE can hold a sub 12 ft lb air rifle as long as they are not specifically barred.  And basic revocation of a SGC does not bar anyone holding a 12ftlb air rifle!

I’m not a lawyer nor a copper Chris and not  in possession of the full facts but I can assure you it happened .He’s fighting the case now through C3 .He’s not a bad lad so can’t think there was any violence involved .

Might be separate instances ,unrelated but you know what gossip is like .

Phil, this sounds like a right ball ache mate - I hope your friend manages to sort it out and get back to some normality ??

.......... I'd prefer gun laws like the Yanks.

If it were me, I'd get a couple of decent sub 12 springers now and take my mate for a shoot - it's relaxed and simple. He might even enjoy that..... no feckin about with bolts, bullets and rifles that need to be secured, no worrying about overshoot. Just a good day with a mate and a flask of tea ??

• Like 2

Something not right here Phil 

if your fire arms has been revoked he must of said something to someone threatening talk   , doctor informed them , caught speeding more than couple of times , something said on social media 

sometimes I think is FAC worth the hassle at times , specially when we have been shooting sub 12 for most of our shooting years 50+ years for me 

• Like 1

One thing has struck me, my pal has had so many cock-ups with his fac in terms of getting things wrong, in fact I believe it was wrong on 4 occassions so the red mist I know has landed on him and his attitude has not always been friendly mainly due to frustration of the Firearms licensing dept getting things wrong, such as listing all someone else's guns on his ticket,  missing guns altogether etc etc. On reflection and taking up what Stav said, I do wonder if his attitude to them has created enough of an issue they simply have said, screw you mate.  It does make me wonder.

Phil

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, philpot said:

NRA is not a bad idea Mitch, might have a look at that.

Just sent off membership form  myself Phil also I am full member of home office approved club as well which the fire arms department for Dorset has been informed of 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, villaman said:

Just sent off membership form  myself Phil also I am full member of home office approved club as well which the fire arms department for Dorset has been informed of 

Never heard of the 'Home office approved club' before, is that a national thing with many clubs or something different.

I am Secretary of a Home Office approved club, many/most clubs are!

It is distinctly useful in opening doors, but there are lots of hoops to jump through.

I don't see any way it will help someone who's FAC had been revoked, indeed any Home Office Club will be very concerned about a member this has happened to and keep them at arms length, this will reflect on the Club as well as the member!!!  Same applies to NRA membership, the NRA will not be happy with a member who gets his FAC revoked!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Deker said:

I am Secretary of a Home Office approved club, many/most clubs are!

It is distinctly useful in opening doors, but there are lots of hoops to jump through.

I don't see any way it will help someone who's FAC had been revoked, indeed any Home Office Club will be very concerned about a member this has happened to and keep them at arms length, this will reflect on the Club as well as the member!!!  Same applies to NRA membership, the NRA will not be happy with a member who gets his FAC revoked!

But doesn’t the NRA have a legal team to help fight your case , if you have a case ? Not only that , being a member of HOA club and the NRA shows the fire arms departments you are a bit more serious about the sport as well don’t you think 

• Like 1

It said on the news that all current fac/sgc holders are being checked. If any skeletons from the past come up they’ll maybe get revoked? The emphasis is on not letting certificate holders who shouldn’t be slip through the net, like what happened in Plymouth. Probably checking social media as well?

• Like 1