Foodies... places worth visiting

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've got the "whats cooking" thread going, so thought I'd chuck up a thread of places worth visiting for decent grub, location etc... might give people a sway when they're visiting somewhere new etc.

On the way back a little treat to finish the day, stopped in South Sands Hotel, near Salcombe... cream tea...the correct way, cream first! Lol

Gaucho Richmond,right on the Thames,really nice if you like steak and people watch.  

Posted Images

12 hours ago, mackem said:

I did a horrendous faux pas once,I was about 18 and fresh out of Sunderland where my definition of fine dining was an egg on my beans and chips.

in Paris in a resto and the waiter put a saucer with a small bowl of clear liquid a slice of lemon,and a napkin beside me,I thought “Ah,Clearwater soup?” So I squeezed the lemon into the bowl and drank the finger bowl.

0AB9FE8A-1361-4533-99CB-8F67E85FF143.jpeg

802F53C6-E9F5-40B0-9A46-51BFBA46BA1F.jpeg

My mate in the valleys , he got a job in a nearby con club, he was invited to have a feed at the buffet , he found the big prawns a bit tough , as he crunched his way through the shells. Later then with a gifted apparently very expensive red wine he poured himself and I some in a pint glass and topped them up with lemonade lol, he, as all of us, now has an appreciation of good grub and how to cook , and he knows a fair bit about wine too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ive eaten in pretty much all the top London restaurants over the years at one time or another and have narrowed it down to a small list of 7 or 8 that i'll use regularly......theres a massive difference between posh and classy ....classy restaurants dont have to be posh but posh restaurants have to be classy and thats where most poncey snobby gaffs get it wrong in my opinion.

• Like 3
On 03/04/2024 at 23:05, gnasher16 said:

Ive eaten in pretty much all the top London restaurants over the years at one time or another and have narrowed it down to a small list of 7 or 8 that i'll use regularly......theres a massive difference between posh and classy ....classy restaurants dont have to be posh but posh restaurants have to be classy and thats where most poncey snobby gaffs get it wrong in my opinion.

Give us a run down then gnash...