Low tax or public services?

We have always followed under both tory and Labour governments the idea that low taxation is good. We tend to copy America, the land of low taxation and little government  interference.(Allegedly)

I notice now though, that even the tories are advocating the fact that people should pay more tax because public services are on the bones of their arses.

I read some figures recently which showed the UK's NHS is underfunded compared to all other comparative countries and that patients' outcomes are suffering as a result. Education,housing, transport social care are all underfunded and we, the people, suffer as a result.

Personally the government   could double my tax tomorrow as long as they spent it on core services. I'm fed up of living in  what often feels like a third world country when in fact we are one of the wealthiest.

The problem is getting the big boys to cough up. Politicians seem to be in position to protect the elites money. Something needs to give.

'

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1

Just now, Bakerboy said:

It's not how much we pour into public services, it's how it's spent and on who

Agreed, by some conjuring trick, the "levelling up" pot seems to go to the richer areas.The poor areas are continually dumped on.

Fuking tax man grabs all you got , start a buisiness , work hard they snatch it, die and they take 40% of everything. I’m not investing in this country anymore, poor kids will lose anything you give them here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Local hospital spends 75 grand on pest control. For that they get 1 man for 1 day a week. Even if he was paid 20 grand for a one day week there's still 55 grand missing.

It's not a question of how much tax.

All these striking nurses.... when I hear one of them actually address the real issues I could support them. Most of em supported shutting the economy down for 2 years ?. If anyone cares about the NHS they should of been protesting out side the migrant hotels calling for the 7 million a week to be redirected.

Jobs fcked....look after yourself as well as you can....things are going to have to crash and burn to nothing before they improve. We can only learn wisdom by disaster now I reckon 

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Local hospital spends 75 grand on pest control. For that they get 1 man for 1 day a week. Even if he was paid 20 grand for a one day week there's still 55 grand missing.

It's not a question of how much tax.

All these striking nurses.... when I hear one of them actually address the real issues I could support them. Most of em supported shutting the economy down for 2 years ?. If anyone cares about the NHS they should of been protesting out side the migrant hotels calling for the 7 million a week to be redirected.

Jobs fcked....look after yourself as well as you can....things are going to have to crash and burn to nothing before they improve. We can only learn wisdom by disaster now I reckon 

It already exceeds 10 million a week, and rising daily.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Yes heard about a trust, bloody nightmare trying to sort it. If I give them money to buy a house which is a good idea should they get divorced then the monies gone. 

I'm sure you can 'gift' upto 5 k a year to family members...save the Taxman rinsing the lump sum after you go?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Yes heard about a trust, bloody nightmare trying to sort it. If I give them money to buy a house which is a good idea should they get divorced then the monies gone. 

No mate not at all .A trust concerns named only .

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm sure you can 'gift' upto 5 k a year to family members...save the Taxman rinsing the lump sum after you go?

Probably mate but that won’t help much in this day and age. If I can give em 100,000 each I will be content, done my bit . I spend the rest on my wife, beer, holidays and a smaller house

• Like 1