New football thread

32 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I think that's pretty much where I am mate, the last Euros was the best since 96, no doubt.. I've never been "we're gonna win it" type with |England, but like you say you can genuinely hope now... these lads are so young that, Kane is still only 30 ffs! that the next manager will have the most mature set of youngsters we have ever had, with a new crop not far behind, we're finally doing it the right way, like Spain, Holland, Germany have for years

My hatred for Southgate aside 😄....do you think its too late to bring in a replacement for him before the Euro's ?

Personally i think it could be just what this squad needs......some sort of organised chaos with a " just let them go and play " attitude rather than the rigid formations and set structures of Southgate......almost like letting boisterous youngsters loose to run wild.......like you said earlier the off pitch stuff is all disciplined and together now so just let them go out and get after teams kill or be killed.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

My hatred for Southgate aside 😄....do you think its too late to bring in a replacement for him before the Euro's ?

Personally i think it could be just what this squad needs......some sort of organised chaos with a " just let them go and play " attitude rather than the rigid formations and set structures of Southgate......almost like letting boisterous youngsters loose to run wild.......like you said earlier the off pitch stuff is all disciplined and together now so just let them go out and get after teams kill or be killed.

That's your hatred of Southgate aside!! lol

Get in anyone but him! .. could work mind you! lol 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

That brings the absolute inevitable question ….

if not Southgate , then who ? 

has Southgate lowered the bar of the merit to be England manager ? 

21 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Really?

McLaren, hodgson, Allardyce 

46 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Really?

Moyes, I’m saying give Moyes the job….no better man !

19 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Really?

Fair , but all were at least successful in their own right prior to appt . 

Allerdyce had  the charisma to at least inspire a team 

hodgson had a disaster at Liverpool granted so he was a strange choice but had the KSE to at least be a prime candidate amongst his peers 

McLaren had some success as a no 2 , so knew how to work with an elite team . 

Southgate for his critics , must have a very calloused resilient mind . His two most memorable episodes in his life have been failures, for want of a better term , in the same pitch of grass 25 years apart . Thats a high stress to place anyone under imho with continuing on . 

now to see the almost universal appeal to remove him , its a wave now , not a trickle , in reflection of the almost unilateral support for him over the last euros. Does anyone else remember the campaign for him to be the prime minister ? Laughable now . 

one last point , over the last few tourneys , there has been at times of low morale , a name flaunted . 

jose mourinho 

As much as we piss and moan at the limited , restrictive football we have at present . Would you swap the best of what we have had from Southgate , for the mourinho brand ? 

can you imagine the efforts Kane would have to put into knocking balls down from TAA for Bellingham to get onto . It would be horrific to watch imho 

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You ? Me ? ....literally anyone with a bit of competitive spirit will do.

Heres a fact someone told me the other night i wasnt aware of......no English manager has ever won the Premier League !

f**k it pay Pep whatever he wants.

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

You ? Me ? ....literally anyone with a bit of competitive spirit will do.

Heres a fact someone told me the other night i wasnt aware of......no English manager has ever won the Premier League !

f**k it pay Pep whatever he wants.

few players were more competitive than gerrard , lampard , the nevilles and Rooney . 

I wouldn’t let any of them near the England team . 

if we are going big and speaking post tournament , I think we could do a lot worse than postacoglou 

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

few players were more competitive than gerrard , lampard , the nevilles and Rooney . 

I wouldn’t let any of them near the England team . 

if we are going big and speaking post tournament , I think we could do a lot worse than postacoglou 

So keeping in mind that post tournament means possibly the best current striker in world football will be past his best for the following tournament,do you think its too late for this one and we'll just be left with the usual post competition " oh well next time " feelings ?......we havent had an opportunity like this before and may never have it again i genuinely think its a now or never scenario.

11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

So keeping in mind that post tournament means possibly the best current striker in world football will be past his best for the following tournament,do you think its too late for this one and we'll just be left with the usual post competition " oh well next time " feelings ?......we havent had an opportunity like this before and may never have it again i genuinely think its a now or never scenario.

Probably , but who would you get in though ? 

honest thoughts  whose free ? 

I was going to say if we stick with an Englishman as manager then who is truly better, more equipped?

By the way, I pretty much agree with most of the sentiment around Southgate, have exactly the same yaps with my mates .but unless we go foreign we are taking a gamble.. the very best managers want to be involved everyday, so it's a hard job to fill in many ways..

Well, seems like I’m missing out on all the action with you boys that watch England……don’t see the excitement myself, it’s a few games a year which historically we are going to f**k up.

In the last tournament there was at least expectation and actually a game away from the final….but we f****d it up, so what ?…..we always f**k it up.

As the saying go’s, if things don’t change then they have to stay the same.

Probably be Alex Scott next ! Lol 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I was going to say if we stick with an Englishman as manager then who is truly better, more equipped?

By the way, I pretty much agree with most of the sentiment around Southgate, have exactly the same yaps with my mates .but unless we go foreign we are taking a gamble.. the very best managers want to be involved everyday, so it's a hard job to fill in many ways..

Agreed with all that 

non likes left . 

do you think that Eddie Howe would be interested ?