New football thread

On 14/02/2024 at 14:45, WILF said:

One half of one of the greatest defensive partnerships to grace English football telling you all what I’m telling you and have been telling you all along.

f****n hilarious 🤣...in other words you want what we used to have before you wanted something different to that....your tying yourself up in knots mate !

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

On 14/02/2024 at 15:26, WILF said:

What part of “these players are getting dragged about and passed through so fast and so much they don’t know wether to have a shit or a haircut” are you not getting mate ? 

Probably the same part you are not getting about this style of football producing us more success than we've ever had......success that YOU wanted.

No, I made the right choice, the reality choice.

The choice you made was leaving traditions and culture behind to become a big club and have more success.......which you have got but now you want tradition and culture back.

And that’s why I am being polite and responding here because I like and respect you mate, but the reality is we won’t agree so it’s all a bit pointless……in fact we don’t even have to agree, I get why loads of you like it and I’m fine with it.

This is where its glaringly obvious to me how you are just so out of touch with West Ham fans since you moved over there its almost amusing !......its been 7 years since the move yet the topic we are debating is still by far the biggest talking point and stumbling block that totally split our fan base ( which some of us knew it would ) within the ground week in week out......Frank Lampard left us 25 odd years ago but we still argue about him today its like you've become a tv fan totally unaware of footie whinge natter with your footie pals.........id give you a big sloppy kiss if we met but i still think you're talking bollocks on this subject.

• Like 1
On 18/02/2024 at 10:20, Blackmag said:

Have you read moyses response for some fans putting a moyse out placard up yesterday he says about the club's growth and your best recent times have been under him and were you were when he came in and about your style of play a lot of what you and gnasher have chatted about lately 

The problem is mate our club has changed since the move its not my club anymore and we knew it would be like that......we knew we would become a " global brand " having to sacrifice our traditions to have a win at all costs mentality turning us into horrible little glory hunter fans holding up " manager out,next manager in " signs like these other little wretches at clubs who think they are big.

I liked my club how it was.....chaps like Wilf didnt........we lost and they won i get it.....hence olduns like me have a bit of fun with them " West Ham are massive,everywhere we go " 😂

Edited by gnasher16
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

f****n hilarious 🤣...in other words you want what we used to have before you wanted something different to that....your tying yourself up in knots mate !

Probably the same part you are not getting about this style of football producing us more success than we've ever had......success that YOU wanted.

The choice you made was leaving traditions and culture behind to become a big club and have more success.......which you have got but now you want tradition and culture back.

This is where its glaringly obvious to me how you are just so out of touch with West Ham fans since you moved over there its almost amusing !......its been 7 years since the move yet the topic we are debating is still by far the biggest talking point and stumbling block that totally split our fan base ( which some of us knew it would ) within the ground week in week out......Frank Lampard left us 25 odd years ago but we still argue about him today its like you've become a tv fan totally unaware of footie whinge natter with your footie pals.........id give you a big sloppy kiss if we met but i still think you're talking bollocks on this subject.

The problem is mate our club has changed since the move its not my club anymore and we knew it would be like that......we knew we would become a " global brand " having to sacrifice our traditions to have a win at all costs mentality turning us into horrible little glory hunter fans holding up " manager out,next manager in " signs like these other little wretches at clubs who think they are big.

I liked my club how it was.....chaps like Wilf didnt........we lost and they won i get it.....hence olduns like me have a bit of fun with them " West Ham are massive,everywhere we go " 😂

As I said chief, this won’t be a conversation for much longer…..not if anyone at that club has any sense.

Here, tell that long haired bloke who makes your local clubs YouTube Chanel to get another game up, they play great stuff and I really enjoy watching your games. 

38 minutes ago, dytkos said:

It's not like that Wilf, the connection is broken. I get that with Gnasher, we're the same. 🤦‍♂️

Cheers, D.

It’s not like what mate ?

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s not like what mate ?

The connection. Doesn't matter if the football is good or bad, it's in the blood, course we all want the same thing but it's intrinsic to keep the original values/ethos.

f**k knows lol 

Cheers, D.

28 minutes ago, dytkos said:

The connection. Doesn't matter if the football is good or bad, it's in the blood, course we all want the same thing but it's intrinsic to keep the original values/ethos.

f**k knows lol 

Cheers, D.

I’ve never said any different, in fact I’m a firm believer in that they don’t have to be different.

Its Gnasher has said time and time again that we can’t have those things because we moved to a good facility…..and I don’t agree with him, at all.

In fact he has said clearly that we have to throw those things away to stay in the top flight, and again I don’t agree.

See with football clubs there are fans tradition and clubs ambition, those things sometimes have room for each other but sometimes they don’t.

Now, I’d happily as a fan watch at any level but I understand no club in the world from Sunday League to Premier League is going to say “well, we don’t want to advance ourselves because old Fred has been standing the same place for 55 years”……never going to happen !

So, we have to understand that reality and accept it.

We couldn’t build a next level facility where we was and there was this big, shiny, state of the art stadium going begging in East London that we could have for buttons.

Theres a big rent reduction if we go down, nobody else is ever turning up to put a bid in to take it.

Clubs bins all the money from sale of the old ground, rent comes straight off the top line, raises commercial profile, should attract players that may not otherwise have wanted to come……of course, as a club that is exactly the right thing to do.

What they going to do?, say “Nah, f**k it, I ain’t betraying Old Fred….let’s gradually drop down the leagues and wither” 

I couldn’t have cared less but I know that is never, ever, ever going to happen…..so I accept that reality, I understand clubs HAVE to have ambition and I understand that’s it’s a bloody good idea from that point of view. 

You have to move forward or you go backward. 

f**k me, to me that’s just obvious ? 

If the little club Gnasher is involved with moved up the leagues and it meant they had to put in an extra stand, or seats or a bar he would do it without a second thought and so would every club…..not for one second would anyone associated with that club think “Oh no, can’t do that, old Charlie always stands there with his jack Russell patch and he has been coming here 60 year”……would they f**k, they’d go for ambition every single time.

I have absolutely no idea what any of that has to do with how your team plays football or the values it always stood for once they cross that white line…….the fact it, it doesn’t ! 

Im Like a stuck record but to suggest there is only one way to play to achieve things in football is absolute total f***ing nonsense, if it was true nobody would watch ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Me watching Inter Milan, top of Serie A, same average age as West Ham, play some absolutely  lovely football in the champions league !

image.gif

Edited by WILF