New football thread

58 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

West Ham supporters streaming out before half time !

Very one sided game up to now .

Cheers.

Rice scoring a screamer just to cap it off .... bad day for the Hammers...

• Like 2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I think Wilfy is dancing an Irish Jig around a burning effigy of Moyes ! LOL ! 
Cheers.

The first rule of West Ham is we don’t talk about West Ham ! Lol 

• Haha 2

Arsenal were ruthless today but given the amount of shots they had should of scored more I couldn't understand moyses sitting there shaking his head throughout the game  while arteta at six nil up was still shouting instructions on the touch line and to push forward bad day at the office for the hammers today 

To be fair we was due a spanking......with a few important players out we've had a poor response from certain players you would think would be grateful for the opportunity.....how much of it you can stick on Moyse im not sure....our players know how we play,have proved they can make it work,but just didnt turn up yesterday it was f****n disgraceful quite frankly.....shameful.

Every cloud though i won a nice few quid on a mad bet......i had a feeling we'd get totally overwhelmed from the first minute and had a bet that West Ham would not get a touch of the ball in the first 60 seconds......at 20/1 i was all over it and came up trumps 😄.....sign of the times when thats the sort of shit im betting on !

As for them pricks walking out at half time.....short memories/false entitlement/big club mentality/who the f**k do you think you are you soft c**ts !

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

To be fair we was due a spanking......with a few important players out we've had a poor response from certain players you would think would be grateful for the opportunity.....how much of it you can stick on Moyse im not sure....our players know how we play,have proved they can make it work,but just didnt turn up yesterday it was f****n disgraceful quite frankly.....shameful.

Every cloud though i won a nice few quid on a mad bet......i had a feeling we'd get totally overwhelmed from the first minute and had a bet that West Ham would not get a touch of the ball in the first 60 seconds......at 20/1 i was all over it and came up trumps 😄.....sign of the times when thats the sort of shit im betting on !

As for them pricks walking out at half time.....short memories/false entitlement/big club mentality/who the f**k do you think you are you soft c**ts !

To think in December Moyes was probably manager of the month, we were team of the month and sitting in 6th with our best points tally for the half way mark. A few games later and people are calling for him to get pumped. 

The thing that frustrates me about Moyes is transfers - full backs and striker have been needed for a few windows and nothing. 

I’m not sure what our fans expect - you’ve got Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea all bigger than us and we’re ahead of Chelsea who have spunked 1bN and in touching distance of Man Utd and Newcastle… who do you replace him with? 

The next 4 games will interesting.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Dutch said:

To think in December Moyes was probably manager of the month, we were team of the month and sitting in 6th with our best points tally for the half way mark. A few games later and people are calling for him to get pumped. 

The thing that frustrates me about Moyes is transfers - full backs and striker have been needed for a few windows and nothing. 

I’m not sure what our fans expect - you’ve got Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea all bigger than us and we’re ahead of Chelsea who have spunked 1bN and in touching distance of Man Utd and Newcastle… who do you replace him with? 

They expect to see a team having a go…..same as they have always expected !

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

They expect to see a team having a go…..same as they have always expected !

I get that, but how can Moyes be blamed for players not jumping for a header etc? 

The press is all about Moyes and not players

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Couldnt agree more mate....i dont like the football we're playing any more than other fans but i know and accept why we're playing it.....you'll get lads like Wilf saying things like " i expect to see a team having a go like we always did "......but those fans were not happy with just " having a go " they wanted to win stuff and be a big club in a big ground......did they think we was going to get that by playing nice attacking " have a go " football like we played at the old gaff ?.....if they did then they are naive as f**k in my opinion ....you's wanted European football and this is what it looks like !

Chaps like me didnt want the move because we was happy being a little club with long standing traditions playing football the right way.....but we lost out and now silly ol fuckers like me are customers instead of fans who moan the same old moans week in week out to these " new club " people who have now gone back to wanting what we already had ffs !!

Regards Moyse transfers i think he's made some decent buys but money wise like any club he can only spend whats available.....he's proved he can unite players,get a game from sides and improve the competitive level of the football club.....as you rightly say if players dont do the basics from time to time then thats on them and yesterday they was a shambles.

Edited by gnasher16

Chelsea fans singing an old Bob Marley song like a bunch of children on a day out to a schoolboys international....." every little things gonna be alright....Chelsea "

f****n embarrassing !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Dutch said:

I get that, but how can Moyes be blamed for players not jumping for a header etc? 

The press is all about Moyes and not players

Moyse coaches a “sit & soak” culture, he is all about defending….that’s his speciality at coaching forums, I know, I’ve watched them.

You won’t see David Moyes giving attacking coaching classes on coaching networks.

The mindset by it’s very definition is a negative culture…..5 days a week that is getting drummed in….practice after practice.

Proactive defending takes place further up the pitch, probably the best example is Liverpools “chase” culture….they don’t press, they chase….they actively want the ball, all the time. 

At some point against teams that really want to go after a game that negative sit & soak mindset is going to bite you in the arse, once teams have a good idea of what you are doing in the same old set patterns you do it in they will target areas and move you around until they kill you…..like arsenal, like Fulham…..they just play through you if they move the ball quick.

You will see players hesitant to get out to their man quickly (as per the constant 1v1 Arsenal got Saka into) because they don’t know wether to go or sit in their block…..they are coached to sit in their block and let the other team have the ball…..what do we expect ? 

An example would be, a player is trying to be a good player, he is trying to execute his coaches instructions (instructions they have worked on all season and the season before) and stay in his shape as part of 2 lines of 4, as you soak and drop those two lines compress to close the space between the lines.

If they get him in a wide 1v1 and he gos to close the other team have now pulled a hole, if that 1v1 manages to draw out the player behind as well to double up and make it a 2v1 they have now pulled your block wide open…..quick sharp passing, movement, 3rd man running and movement in the box will then smash through that hole and have your set block at 6s & 7s in the box not knowing what to do…..they are literally dragging you all over the place.

To suggest this “style” is the price you pay for moving to a different pitch and playing in minor European competition is absolutely ludicrous to be honest, my pal Gnasher can believe it if he wants to but I can tell him now, with the best will in the world, it’s nonsense. 

All this “who do you fans think you are” bollocks, we don’t think we are anybody other than what we have always been….we just don’t like looking at shit football because the reality is, you don’t have to. 

The proof of the pudding to me is that in a squad of 25, 2 players missing completely destroyed the small attacking threat we had……2 ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1