View from your swim part 2

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already looking forward to the warmer weather.

Drove down to the gulf. When I started to release the shark,someone set off a firework display.Good timing lol.    

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, mackem said:

He is in Brandon mate,he has a good life ahead of him,worked hard for it.

I must have been off every boat ramp round the bay over the yrs we been fishing off the side near Brandon area down to the sky way bridge lately cos of the east wind went off safety harbour up the top end it’s all a great place best of luck to them 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of hours today on the local cut, Centrepin and bobber with lob worms on the hook, Barges every 10 minutes still, Some prat on the other bank with a leaf blower covering the water in leaves, Had a couple of bites from fish smaller than the worm, Changed to a lob tail and had a roach 6 - 8oz, The water was like coffee Lol

370238042_1714570812397504_916877147937656245_n.jpg

394730725_1400248953896721_4243305017296651248_n.jpg

396480465_266852162526442_2574042956813911129_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, paulus said:

A couple of hours today on the local cut, Centrepin and bobber with lob worms on the hook, Barges every 10 minutes still, Some prat on the other bank with a leaf blower covering the water in leaves, Had a couple of bites from fish smaller than the worm, Changed to a lob tail and had a roach 6 - 8oz, The water was like coffee Lo

394730725_1400248953896721_4243305017296651248_n.jpg

396480465_266852162526442_2574042956813911129_n.jpg

Think your spot on with everything 👌 but conditions mate

I'm off to try the wye with dc this weekend hopefully the water will be a bit clearer 👍

1 hour ago, Chaff said:

Think your spot on with everything 👌 but conditions mate

I'm off to try the wye with dc this weekend hopefully the water will be a bit clearer 👍

It was meant to be overcast but as usual when fishing, the opposite happens. Lol

9 minutes ago, paulus said:

It was meant to be overcast but as usual when fishing, the opposite happens. Lol

Do you think the roach had the worm because it was cut and releasing a bit of scent in the water maybe 🤔 

31 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Do you think the roach had the worm because it was cut and releasing a bit of scent in the water maybe 🤔 

Yes, i also cut a couple up and fed them into the swim, Had to avoid a blank Lol to be honest i was mainly testing an idea i have. with popped up worm (Air) using a carp style style set up to keep about a foot of hook length flat to the bottom by using 2 different sizes of Olivet. 

4 hours ago, paulus said:

Yes, i also cut a couple up and fed them into the swim, Had to avoid a blank Lol to be honest i was mainly testing an idea i have. with popped up worm (Air) using a carp style style set up to keep about a foot of hook length flat to the bottom by using 2 different sizes of Olivet. 

Interesting to see how that goes, I rub braided hooklinks in tungsten putty to help keep them flat, that said I'm using some kevlar braided  gear at the moment that sinks well 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Interesting to see how that goes, I rub braided hooklinks in tungsten putty to help keep them flat, that said I'm using some kevlar braided  gear at the moment that sinks well 

I am trying to keep it a simple as possible so 4lb line straight through. The fist Olivet is a 6g held with a rubber float stop but allowed to flow free up the line then about a foot down is a 4g Olivet again held by a single float stop at the bottom and free running at the top, This means i can make the hook length any length i want just by moving the float stops. Plus its all free line to the float so very little weight for a fish to feel. Well that's the theory anyway Lol