Recommendations?

So I've finally found some time to read of dogs and deer, now I'm nearing the end I'm starting to think of what to read next. Anything you lot would recommend?

I've read the latest 2 darcy lurcher books, scooby and of D & D. 

Have been recommended "hare and the swifthound" but wondering what other suggestions might be.

Doesn't have to be lurcher based, ideally hunting related but any hunting or country life book recommendations will be appreciated. More than anything just a decent & interesting read. 

Cheers. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you read any of the big game hunter's books mate by Capstick and Corbett and other authors i find them good reads tbh.

Little bit different The Feather Thief (unputdownable, packed with facts, superb writing style) and The Falcon Thief (the world's most voracious BOP egg thief), and The Orchid Thief (if you have an in

No mate I haven't, I'll add them to my list though and try find a book or two ? Cheers! 

Posted Images

There was a loan library on here mate perhaps you could borrow the books ?, see what authors you like and read more of there's 

No heard about it for a bit maybe try a history check on the posts ?.

9 minutes ago, The one said:

There was a loan library on here mate perhaps you could borrow the books ?, see what authors you like and read more of there's 

No heard about it for a bit maybe try a history check on the posts ?.

I'll have a look cheers pal. Although not too fussed if I buy a rubbish book, got plenty of them on the bookshelf already, just not many country type books and Darcy is only author I'm familiar with, other than Plummer but a friend told me to read his books with an open mind. 

Will look for the loan library though.

Thanks again! 

2 hours ago, gnipper said:

Phil Lloyd's books are a decent read. I also enjoyed Paul Dooleys first book too. 

I've seen "A moucher forever" and been told that's a good read but that's only book of Phil Lloyd I'm aware of.

Quick search for Paul Dooley books has found 2, "stormy nights & frosty mornings" and "all born with a hunters instinct" any idea which is his first? 

Thanks. 

Little bit different The Feather Thief (unputdownable, packed with facts, superb writing style) and The Falcon Thief (the world's most voracious BOP egg thief), and The Orchid Thief (if you have an interest in botany). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 09/12/2022 at 13:04, scottpenn28 said:

So I've finally found some time to read of dogs and deer, now I'm nearing the end I'm starting to think of what to read next. Anything you lot would recommend?

I've read the latest 2 darcy lurcher books, scooby and of D & D. 

Have been recommended "hare and the swifthound" but wondering what other suggestions might be.

Doesn't have to be lurcher based, ideally hunting related but any hunting or country life book recommendations will be appreciated. More than anything just a decent & interesting read. 

Cheers. 

Have you read any of the big game hunter's books mate by Capstick and Corbett and other authors i find them good reads tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Little bit different The Feather Thief (unputdownable, packed with facts, superb writing style) and The Falcon Thief (the world's most voracious BOP egg thief), and The Orchid Thief (if you have an interest in botany). 

I like the sound of these, will see if I can find them. Thank you! 

• Like 1