Out yesterday morning on a horse farm 17 not big numbers but keeps them down a bit

47 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Nice place to ferret, the horse owners would be glad to see 17 gone ?.

He was mate he even wanted to pay us I said no way this is watt wee do your more than welcome I told him .it was new land for some reason the rabbits wouldn't bolt just one off them things I think 5 or 6 bolted dogs got a few Dug the rest 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

He was mate he even wanted to pay us I said no way this is watt wee do your more than welcome I told him .it was new land for some reason the rabbits wouldn't bolt just one off them things I think 5 or 6 bolted dogs got a few Dug the rest 

I've noticed places, farms that have useless dogs chasing the rabbits all the time are bad for ferreting. I've been on some where the rabbits won't bolt at all and the ferrets just kill them underground. Bad over here on ground too hard to dig.

• Like 1

Well done . Lovely to see the kids out enjoying themselves. I used to be obsessed with lamping heavy dogs. Now I prefer mooching with the whippet and a terrier or a morning with the ferrets. Just nice to be out the house and watching the dogs work. Are the rough dogs half beddy whippets. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, jake824 said:

Well done . Lovely to see the kids out enjoying themselves. I used to be obsessed with lamping heavy dogs. Now I prefer mooching with the whippet and a terrier or a morning with the ferrets. Just nice to be out the house and watching the dogs work. Are the rough dogs half beddy whippets. 

know exactly what you mean.been out this morning rabbits have been scarce for years around here,both dogs worked well managed to put 5 rabbits up without getting a decent run at any of them.the most important thing is I am enjoying it .

• Like 5
2 hours ago, jake824 said:

Fawn bitch beddywhippet wee black bitch is first x whippet Wheaton and the other dog is 7/8 whippet 1/8 Wheaton 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1