Power cuts

Anyone else getting power outs lost mains power telephones and WiFi last night around 7pm came back on at 3,00 am this morning second time in a week it’s not fixed but that’s how long it took to get the temporary generators up and running ???

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back still running on generators 24hrs on 12volt led lights and a roaring fire is all I really need ?

Why thankyou sir....ive got a few i chop and change quite a bit but dont really wanna sound all muggy and horrible saying what they are it dont really matter who owns what does it mate i just love car

As nice as these new cars are...if money was no object and I could find them I'd prefer a collection of older stuff...BMW 2002,The first Audi Quattro,RS 500,205 T16i,P1 sti,Fiat Uno Turbo?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Do you not use solar power mate, the power banks with the solar panels look a good set up, Jackery etc

I go onto my battery’s through the invertor to jump them up to 240 not got my solar panels fitted yet but the battery’s will keep me going for 24 hr before I need to run the engine and recharge them ?

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Greyman said:

I go onto my battery’s through the invertor to jump them up to 240 not got my solar panels fitted yet but the battery’s will keep me going for 24 hr before I need to run the engine and recharge them ?

Greyman ( or anyone who knows about this stuff )....have you any knowledge/experience/understanding of such thing as a Solar Window Heater ?......its for a shed with no electric,any idea just how much output its likely to get or is it still just a gimmick type thing,im completely in the dark with solar energy.

13 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Greyman ( or anyone who knows about this stuff )....have you any knowledge/experience/understanding of such thing as a Solar Window Heater ?......its for a shed with no electric,any idea just how much output its likely to get or is it still just a gimmick type thing,im completely in the dark with solar energy.

I may be wrong here but as i understand it they work by using a fan to pull in air from outside, this air then gets heated up by the sun in between the glass and then another fan pumps the warm air out into the room.

18 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Sorry mate got no ideal, had a small solar set up in my shed back home gave me lights a radio and a usb socket but had a little wood burner for heat ?

DEDA8937-D1C1-4812-89C5-9FF680B0A607.png

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, paulus said:

I may be wrong here but as i understand it they work by using a fan to pull in air from outside, this air then gets heated up by the sun in between the glass and then another fan pumps the warm air out into the room.

Thats pretty much what ive found out myself if im not wrong it replaces a window so cant be that big im just dubious as to whether they would produce enough/any heat,they almost sound too good to be true no messing about with inverters or however it all works....might just bite the bullet and give one a go.

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats pretty much what ive found out myself if im not wrong it replaces a window so cant be that big im just dubious as to whether they would produce enough/any heat,they almost sound too good to be true no messing about with inverters or however it all works....might just bite the bullet and give one a go.

Get some rads fitted ! 

this wasn’t you yesterday was it ?

BE373613-6650-4543-864E-8CB81FD278CB.jpeg

On 18/11/2022 at 08:48, lurcherman 887 said:

Get some rads fitted ! 

this wasn’t you yesterday was it ?

BE373613-6650-4543-864E-8CB81FD278CB.jpeg

Theres no power thats the whole point looking into solar.

Errrm no...a,i wouldnt be seen dead in a birds little hatchback.....b,i wouldnt have a number plate with incorrect spelling......and c,believe it or not Gnasher isnt my real name :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Theres no power thats the whole point looking into solar.

Errrm no...a,i wouldnt be seen dead in a birds little hatchback.....b,i wouldnt have a number plate with incorrect spelling......and c,believe it or not Gnasher isnt my real name :thumbs:

Extension lead ? 

Well il be damned! here’s me thinking your real name was gnasher. 

i wonder if the paki dude round the corner with the lambo urus is really called “fat orgy” then ? 

10 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Extension lead ? 

Well il be damned! here’s me thinking your real name was gnasher. 

i wonder if the paki dude round the corner with the lambo urus is really called “fat orgy” then ? 

Too far away from a source of lectric.

Ask him i spose ?....interesting choice of vehicle you used there boss ?